Uhh N00b Mistake

so ive been having a problem with my rear battery it charges up super super super slowly and i can play bass at 50% volume for about 2 songs before the amp hits protect and the battery has to charge again. so i disconnected the rear batt for a while til i had time to diagnose the problem i didnt want to cause any damage to it. well anyway i went crazy trying to find the problem drilled holes into my chassis to create a better ground and all that. after a ton of headache i finally decided to check the fuse running from the front batt to the rear which i just realized should have been the first thing i checked. I didnt check it because it was still charging but super slow so i thought if the fuse isnt blown then why check it... well it technically isnt blown but melted to fucking hell

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

its kinda hard to see but in that last pic the plastic is melted and condensed so it must have gotten super hot.

i have no idea why it decided to do this but im thinking maybe weather elements? there was a little wire exposed on each end and both ends looked crusted but the fuse isnt too close to the battery its closer toward the passenger wheel so maybe enough water was splashed on to create a problem?

wow lol.

what size fuse is that?

Kinda looks like a cheaper brand fuse too.

Im guessing you just had a lot of current flowing thru it. Id check your power wire just to be safe that its not shorting out anywhere increasing the current flow if you havent already.

its a 250A fuse i dunno i bought it from james along time ago

:shok: wow

maybe the fuse wasnt big enough to handle the current amount

Its like a 3500w amp i wouldnt think it needed that much current. i dunno i just replaced it with a new fuse and holder so hopefully this one wont melt ill give it a couple days and see what happens.

Get a GOOD 300 amp fuse and you will be fine.

If you ever fry a 300 amp fuse (good brand) it is an experience u will not forget(Fireworks). You have to pull ALOT of current to pop a 300.

Official Scores at the Dash. and YES. My Bass Boxing is louder than Burp! - 155.5 DB Drag Burp- 155.6 - IASCA Bass Boxing on music (30 seconds straight) sealed up Builds 1. The Acura Integra build = http://www.stevemead...s/page__st__6802. BLK SIN Build = http://www.stevemead...w-pics-10-6-07/

:shok: wow

maybe the fuse wasnt big enough to handle the current amount

if it wasnt big enough it would blew ...... just got to hot.

2006 F-150

4 DC XL M2 18's Walled Daily Driver

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

Lot of Audio Technix and 1/0

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer

DWRIGHT-1-1.jpg

I don't like ANL fuses as it is... this isn't helping me get over my fear.

Isn't the whole point of a fuse to cut off power when an anomaly occurs? LOL

yeah i thought so too...

Get a GOOD 300 amp fuse and you will be fine.

If you ever fry a 300 amp fuse (good brand) it is an experience u will not forget(Fireworks). You have to pull ALOT of current to pop a 300.

I just bought a couple 250A stinger fuses so im going to try those out but im pretty sure the problem was that the fuse was pretty exposed to the front tire splashing water/snow/salt onto it so i duct tape the shiiiit out of the holder and wire so hopefully this wont happen again.

Archived