Noise Violation On Private Property

Okay I live in Indiana. We own our property and while there are two houses on the property it is not labeled a residential property, it's actually a commericial property. Well in summary, of all my neighbors there is one in particular that always calls the cops on me for having my music too loud. Most of the time my car is behind our privacy fence which is between ~50 & 100 feet away from the street. I believe closer to 100 feet. Whenever the cops come they simply ask me to turn it down and I generally comply since I'm not sure of laws and what I may be in violation of. Note though, that all of this occurs midday and never after 8pm and i believe its either 9pm or 11pm when my noise violation ordinance comes into effect.

What's worse is another set of me neighbors constantly have parties and are leaving doors and windows opening and you can clearly heard the words inside my home, yet there isnt the bass that there is coming from my car. My neighbors have only called the cops on them once and they are closer than I. They just try to pick on my since I'm a kid (19). My dad actually went over there one day to see what they continually called the cops on me and the father attempted to have a conversation with my dad but the mother got into my altercation with my dad and shoved him off a 4 foot porch after hitting him with the door. She's around 250-300 lbs.. My dad didn't retaliate but did call the cops and nothing could be proven even though my dad had a cut above his eye from the door.

So in the end my question is, what can they exactly cite me for if anything? I don't leave me stereo on for hours on end like my partying neighbors do, usually its 5-30 minutes when I'm tuning or trying something out with it. And never anywhere near full tilt.

Edited by Mikesmith0890

I'd hit that so fucking hard whoever pulled me out would be King of England.

Lol... looks like we were on the same page. Car-B-Ques suck.

ya, tires and paint burning make the marshmallows taste funny.

in cali this shit dont fly. theyll throw it out of court. as for indiana i have no clue.

I Rock 4 Doors 4 More Whores!

SMD SUPER SELLER

my seller feedback http://www.stevemead...-mama-feedback/

more seller feedback http://www.stevemead...-slaps-yo-mama/

I don't want to be a dick and tell the cops no, and get effed over for it.. but i dont want to be taken advantage of either

I too live on commercially zoned property even though there are houses on it. Luckily I have no immediate neighbors and the ones down the road play there shit as loud as me. As far as I know here in Fl. if its private property, not in a deed restricted area, and there isnt a noise violation there isn't a damn thing they could do except ask you to turn it down to keep the peace. I hate to say it but a pressure washer, air compressor, even a leaf blower are just as loud as a system so why should you have to turn your shit down.

Vehicle: 2001 Ford Escape

Head Unit: Kenwood Kdc-x592

All out for a rebuild.

New shit coming in the next 30 days.

teamsundown3hx1.jpg

Yeah, and most of my neighbors are older (parents age atleast) and they dont give a shit.. I just dont understand, their daughter is in the same grade as my brother and I just graduated last year, and i had a class or two with her, if I ever saw her walking home or to school I'd give her a ride, but yet they always try to bust me on my stereo.. I don't get it..

Yeah, and most of my neighbors are older (parents age atleast) and they dont give a shit.. I just dont understand, their daughter is in the same grade as my brother and I just graduated last year, and i had a class or two with her, if I ever saw her walking home or to school I'd give her a ride, but yet they always try to bust me on my stereo.. I don't get it..

that might be why right there...they think your moving in on the daughter... :give_rose:

2007 Acura TSX

Stock Navigation

Rockford 360.2 (FOR SALE)

Sundown SAZ3500

2 12" DC Sound Lab LvL4 @2ohm

JL 600/4

2 Sets of Focal 165K2P

Okay I live in Indiana. We own our property and while there are two houses on the property it is not labeled a residential property, it's actually a commericial property. Well in summary, of all my neighbors there is one in particular that always calls the cops on me for having my music too loud. Most of the time my car is behind our privacy fence which is between ~50 & 100 feet away from the street. I believe closer to 100 feet. Whenever the cops come they simply ask me to turn it down and I generally comply since I'm not sure of laws and what I may be in violation of. Note though, that all of this occurs midday and never after 8pm and i believe its either 9pm or 11pm when my noise violation ordinance comes into effect.

What's worse is another set of me neighbors constantly have parties and are leaving doors and windows opening and you can clearly heard the words inside my home, yet there isnt the bass that there is coming from my car. My neighbors have only called the cops on them once and they are closer than I. They just try to pick on my since I'm a kid (19). My dad actually went over there one day to see what they continually called the cops on me and the father attempted to have a conversation with my dad but the mother got into my altercation with my dad and shoved him off a 4 foot porch after hitting him with the door. She's around 250-300 lbs.. My dad didn't retaliate but did call the cops and nothing could be proven even though my dad had a cut above his eye from the door.

So in the end my question is, what can they exactly cite me for if anything? I don't leave me stereo on for hours on end like my partying neighbors do, usually its 5-30 minutes when I'm tuning or trying something out with it. And never anywhere near full tilt.

as for where i live the cops don't really give a f*%k cause it jus a report for them but as for working as a paid firefighter & dispatcher when i'm in the communications dispatching they can issue u a ticket and/or a fine for nosie pollution it starts around $25 and goes up to as much $250 here but u can get on the internet for ur area and see. I say f it and bump it.

that might be why right there...they think your moving in on the daughter... :give_rose:

haha yeah no.. their daughter is like 1/2 goth.. and plus my gf has been living with me for almost a year now..

plus this isnt the first issue for them to call the cops on us.. they used to do it all the time if one of our dogs managed to get loose.. even if it stayed on our property (which is not against the law)