Big 3 Upgrade

Ok so i have a 2000 dodge durango with a 5.9L, i was just curious if anyone else has done a big 3 upgrade on these, I took a look today to see how much of pain it was gonna be and how much wire i need to order, but i took a look at my alt and all i saw was one wire with a nut on the back and i put a voltmeter on it and got no reading off of it so i checked to see if my ground was good enough and touched the positive with the battery post and got 13.75v at idle while the truck ws running so again i touched that post and got no reading again, so i was just curious as to what that post could be, maybe a ground or maybe like a tickler wire, but im not sure, just wanna know i can do it on my truck before i order the wire and how to do it first if u have a truck like mine and have done the big 3 on a stock alt pics and some tips would be great

Sorry for the noob question i just really wanna know before i run a bunch of wire through my truck and burn it down lol.

2000 White Dodge Durango 5.9L

Flowmaster 40 Series through 2 1/2" with and open cat.

1 Dc lvl5 18

4 6.5 seleniums and 2 D200 Selenium Horns on Rockford 500.2

Big three upgrade and a kinetik HC1800 in the back with all 1/0g knu wire

shootin for 145+ :)

mybanner49a35dfb6b392.jpg 732593158.png

that wire is your alt posative you need to touch it and a ground to get a reading

Ok cuz i grounded it to the chassis but didnt get a reading off of it ill try it again in the morning to make 100% positive and get a better ground, but cant wait till friday tax returns come in :) Play time begins with my truck

1 Dc lvl5 18

Yes i have done the big 3 already and yes it simply to do only if you have the tools, equipment, and knowledge. Have you check the big 3 threads on this forum?

Yea ive got all the tools and everything i found out my problem was i just didnt have a good enough ground the night i went out and was looking around that was all but thx for the input guys ill make sure to get some pics of it when im done for yalls input :)

1 Dc lvl5 18

Archived