Second Skin Audio

Audible Difference Between Q And Btl?

everyont that currently owns a BTL is going to say im wrong but whatever, i found that havocs dropped alot lower and sounded alot better trasitioning between notes. i mean the btl doesnt sound horrible i guess, but its just not as lively sounding to me.

and the new btl, i dunno its got a different sound to it that i dont like at all personally.

everyont that currently owns a BTL is going to say im wrong but whatever, i found that havocs dropped alot lower and sounded alot better trasitioning between notes. i mean the btl doesnt sound horrible i guess, but its just not as lively sounding to me.

and the new btl, i dunno its got a different sound to it that i dont like at all personally.

agree 100%! Havocs are beautiful sounding. i mean they have a nice aggressive sound to them. drop lower too.. BTL doesnt sound horrible but it deffinitly is far from an SQ sub. it is LOUD but doesnt sound good on everything. For my next build I think Im going with some Havoc 18's...

Untitled-2.jpg

My Videos

AQ + AA/Fi FTMFW!!!!!

Personally I think BTL's sound like shyt. I am getting rid of mine and going a different route. Something with more SQ.

Head Unit: Pioneer DEH-P6000UB

Sub Amp:American Bass VFL 500.1

Subs: 4 Fi BL 18's

Enclosure:21.5 Cubic foot flat wall tuned to 40 hz

Batteries: 3 Kinetik 2400's in the back, Kinetik 1200 under hood.

Mids & Highs: 4 Kicker DS 6.5 coax in doors, 2 Kicker DS coax in pillars

Highs Amp: Kicker kx250.2, kx100.2

Wire: 4 Runs 1/0 gauge Knukonceptz

So it sounds like BTLs are made for numbers, not music then?

I don't REALLY care what the meter says, music comes first. But as long as it sounds good on music, give me a 150 :) because I'm currently at about 145 and need more.

Seems like BTL's aren't my route though...

2001 Chevy Blazer

(2) SAZ-3000Ds

(2) custom 18" Madmax subs in a second row wall

Rockford 600-4

Pioneer PRS components

Pioneer P800PRS deck

So it sounds like BTLs are made for numbers, not music then?

I don't REALLY care what the meter says, music comes first. But as long as it sounds good on music, give me a 150 :) because I'm currently at about 145 and need more.

Seems like BTL's aren't my route though...

i didnt think they sounded like shit, and im probably the most picky son of a bitch on the forum, they just werent good sounding for me.

honestly i could tune them to sound decent on pretty much everythign i threw at them, but i liked on the havoc just throwing anything in and never having to adjust crap

Because two 18" BL's would probably be close to (4) 15" Havocs anyway, probably a bit louder on a meter. I just wanted to see if Fi's bad boy sub would work for me...doesn't sound like it would.

And swapping out for (4) 15" BLs would be a good option except I don't have the $$ for that.

2001 Chevy Blazer

(2) SAZ-3000Ds

(2) custom 18" Madmax subs in a second row wall

Rockford 600-4

Pioneer PRS components

Pioneer P800PRS deck

my btls doesn't sound like shit, maybe if you don't have enough mids and highs to keep up with it then it won't sound good.

i don't like the higher frequencies on the btls, so my low pass is on 67hz.

lows are very good though, (i mean low lows like 30hz).

its not a mellow soft sounding sub but more of a hard hitting in your face sub

also if you are gonna run 2k+ watts on a single sub its gonna be hard to get some good SQ out of it