Using Brad Nailer For Box Building?

creyc

x2 that's what i do. built a box in maybe 45 min yesterday. when i used to build with screws i would pre drill and counter sink them. FUCK ALL OF THAT NOW!!!

Haha were you trying to race somebody or something? Or are you just proud you slapped a box together as fast as you could and got it under an hour. Id rather somebody build me a box in a week with the best quality possible than somebody slapping a box together in 45min.

Car Audio + Bodyboarding/Longboarding = LIFE!!!

Haha were you trying to race somebody or something? Or are you just proud you slapped a box together as fast as you could and got it under an hour. Id rather somebody build me a box in a week with the best quality possible than somebody slapping a box together in 45min.

That's something you cant judge by time.

I've built great boxes in less than an hour, that would be the same as a person that built one in a week. Just because you spend alot of time doesn't mean it's better. Some people can do good work very fast and efficiently, while some people can do the same good work in a longer amount of time. It all boils down to experience and knowing how to use glue drying time to your advantage.

userbar651078zu3.gif

MECP_SMALL.jpgCERTIFIED BITCHES!!!

Not being new at something doesn't mean anything. Just because a prostitute isn't new at what she does, doesn't change the fact that she still 'sucks'

Click to see my build!

Proud DC owner

That's something you cant judge by time.

I've built great boxes in less than an hour, that would be the same as a person that built one in a week. Just because you spend alot of time doesn't mean it's better. Some people can do good work very fast and efficiently, while some people can do the same good work in a longer amount of time. It all boils down to experience and knowing how to use glue drying time to your advantage.

True true but there is a certain amount of time to me that is just sketchy. I still in my mind dont think a box built in 45min is a goo quality box. Sure maybe Thumper or Fisher or those people who build tons of boxes a week who have a seperate tool for EVERYTHING. 3 drills 1 for pre-drill and 1 more countersink and 1 for screwing and a clamp for everything and different sanders with different grit on each already set and shit like that possibly but I cant see somebody who just builds boxes once in awhile build something that fast with good quality. Maybe not all the time does more time mean better quality but it usualy does.

Car Audio + Bodyboarding/Longboarding = LIFE!!!

Ever tried ripping apart a properly glued box? It rips the MDF apart before the glue joint breaks...

Brad nailer + good glue + ACCURATE CUTS are all you'll ever need.

Right about the MDF tearing before the glue comes apart, but technically it's just, (good glue+accurate cuts) is all you need. Like I said, a nailer or screws just speeds up the whole assembly process. Which is why I say yeah, a perfect box can be made in less than 45 mins. Cutting all the pieces first, then use your nailer and glue to assemble which goes fast, then a router to cut the cutout and bam it's done. More time is spent setting up the tools than actually assembling the box.

userbar651078zu3.gif

MECP_SMALL.jpgCERTIFIED BITCHES!!!

Not being new at something doesn't mean anything. Just because a prostitute isn't new at what she does, doesn't change the fact that she still 'sucks'

Click to see my build!

Proud DC owner

I won't use a brad nailer my next box I build. Some one was throwing together an amp rack of sorts for me using mdf the other day. He was using a brad nailer to hold it gluing it together also.

2 out of 3 brads either blew out or just crumpled up and never penetrated. Not sure of the gauge of brads he was using but I wasn't impressed. I'll use at the very least a finish nailer.

• 11 months later...

what abouts staples? like 1.5inch ones that what a shop around here uses sealed my box up better then screws... my cuts were done with a jig saw and a circular saw so werent perfect cuts. still glued everything but flexed bad her stapled the crap outta it and it barely flexes now. so staple FTW??

2004 Grand Prix

HU: Alpine 9886 :( for sale

Sub Amp:AQ2200d (possbly 2)

Enclosure:BCP Designs. Best for the Money

Electrical:1 Stinger SPV70 battery

Subs:2 15 D2 AQ HDC coppers

Wiring:0gauge power SoundQuest

Wiring:0gauge ground Kicker

141.8 @ 28hz tl legal on the dash.

142.6 @ 33hz tl legal on the dash.

yeah they said 1 scre every 3 inches and 3 staples/nail inbetween with glueing the joints.

2004 Grand Prix

HU: Alpine 9886 :( for sale

Sub Amp:AQ2200d (possbly 2)

Enclosure:BCP Designs. Best for the Money

Electrical:1 Stinger SPV70 battery

Subs:2 15 D2 AQ HDC coppers

Wiring:0gauge power SoundQuest

Wiring:0gauge ground Kicker

141.8 @ 28hz tl legal on the dash.

142.6 @ 33hz tl legal on the dash.

Archived