aight I wanna hear everyones good or bad experiences with maaco...my own have been mainly good....I got my whole car painted there and yeah certain spots werent 100%, but for the price, it wasnt enough to make me demand my money back or have them re-shoot anything...

Im looking to get my trunk lid and bumper sprayed there....Ill be doing all the prep work myself since the bumper has a glassed insert for the license plate, and the trunk has a deleted panel...see I figure, the spots they f**ked up on last time were mainly ones that would be in "hard to reach" areas, like slight bubbling near where the hood meets the windshield, etc...pretty much assuming that its kinda hard to screw it up if its off the car...not too mention much easier for me to see imperfections before I accept them back...so anyone think its a bad idea? btw, they quoted me 300 bucks for both, and its PPG auto paint...

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco

all i gotta say is, never settle for less. if your gonna pay for something and they want a little more. dont argue just pay it and make sure its done correctly. i dont do that half ass hella holidays paint job shit. bout to get my hoe painted, aint payin til its 100% right!

I Rock 4 Doors 4 More Whores!

SMD SUPER SELLER

my seller feedback http://www.stevemead...-mama-feedback/

more seller feedback http://www.stevemead...-slaps-yo-mama/

Local Maaco did a buddy's corolla full body and he did the prep work.

it was not a flawless job but like you said for the price it was defiantly above satisfactory and it looks as good today as it did the day he rolled it home from paint fall 2007

-Drew

detail.gifI am a United States Military Arts and Crafts Professional. Sand it off, Paint it on. detail.gif

uhoh_45 said:
dont be a pussy P give the jeep to drew

I will honestly never go with maaco again. My grandpa got his truck painted right before he passed away because he had it willed to go to me. Anyways the paint chips VERY VERY VERY easily. I will get some close up pics of where my chips are. I'm not happy with them to be honest and it was a $1500 bill.

Not bad but not for what they did....

Breaking in a sub is like breaking in your girl before you pound her....

maaco=no prep work at all, and they charge extra literally for everything. to do my car w/ door jams and dash thier 700 dollar paint job ended up at over 2000 dollars, couple that with the shitty (if any) prep work and you have the worst place to go to...just my 2 cents

1990 Jeep Cherokee 4X4

Pioneer DEH-P2900MP, Big 3 done in 1/0, 1 run 1/0 ran to amp

DAT HF1000.1 #007 powering a DC lvl4 15

DAT HR 4085 prototype powering 2 Selenium 6s and 2 no name tweeters running active

1st place in AS3 @ Surf City Sound Off, 140.8 @ 45hz @ the headrest.

rebuild coming soon to get a better score :)

"I regard the brain as a computer which will stop working when its components fail. There is no heaven of afterlife for broken down computers; that is a fairy story for people who are afraid of the dark."

My father had his truck painted there. Had a few spots rust through and a couple that looked like something under the paint. He took it back a month later and they fixed it free of charge.

I have seen worse from private body shops that charge $60 -$75 an hour for work, Macco is not the best but for budget paint it is good enough for some. Better off saving up for a quality job if you really care.

i had a camaro done there for 350, i did all the prep work myself but it still looks nice today, 7 years later, hell after 2 years i was tired of it and ready to paint it over so 7 years for under 500 was a deal to me

well, like I said, Id be doing all the prep work so if I went in there and said, "just paint it", they do and its flawed, I can only thank myself...and actually, my mas car was in an accident, (she wasnt even in it, dumbass punk hit it parked...) and had to get the whole rear hatch replaced (2003 RAV4)...the shop that did it painted it, she got it back the other day, and its got orange peel in it....not bad, but I noticed it....and this guy wanted 300 bucks per piece...Id much rather pay 150 a piece and have the screw it up, just to tell them to do it again.....then to have this guy fuck it up for twice the price and tell him to do it again...

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco