Sonic Electronix

Well condensation aside I think my trunk leaks somewhere, I know it drips a little bit in one screw where the luggage rack is, but I think it's leaking elsewhere also.

I took my spare tire out today after a rough winter, and found there was a fairly large puddle in there, and I've seen frozen "trails" of water in the winter.

This is not a good thing considering I want to stick electronics in there.

How can I seal up my trunk to keep it watertight, and keep condensation down?

had to do this wit my sisters car. have someone lay in the trunk looking and have someone outside spryin the car wit a hose. one u find the leak seal it with silicone. should do the trick

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build
DD 3512e build
Mini T-Line Build
(6) 8s Build
Nightshade 15s Wall Build
Magnum AB XFL 12s Build
Newest Magnum Build

i had a pic of a customer's car where they had us reinstall everything they put in cuz it stopped working, and the amps were basically loose in the spare tire hole with the stock floor over it and the subs over that, and when we took it out the amps were swimming under like 4 inches of rusty nasty water

ive seen no less than 20 cars with a friggin pond in them somewhere, so you're not alone

and that breadbag idea is horrible

get in the trunk with a flashlight, have someone spray that shit with a hose (we used 5 gal buckets cuz our hose is slow), and silicone wherever it comes in

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC

i had a pic of a customer's car where they had us reinstall everything they put in cuz it stopped working, and the amps were basically loose in the spare tire hole with the stock floor over it and the subs over that, and when we took it out the amps were swimming under like 4 inches of rusty nasty water

ive seen no less than 20 cars with a friggin pond in them somewhere, so you're not alone

and that breadbag idea is horrible

get in the trunk with a flashlight, have someone spray that shit with a hose (we used 5 gal buckets cuz our hose is slow), and silicone wherever it comes in

then how did you fill the buckets? :pardon:

duck.jpgSMDsigbannr9.jpg

I don't just want to have gobs of silicone everywhere. I'm sure my trunk seal needs to be replaced, and I'll do that anyway (Plus I gotta tighten my trunk lid somehow..... anyone??) but what about condensation? how can I stop that or cut it down? I've seen my trunk lid looking like the inside of a freezer with heavy frost on it.

The trunk is also oily, the car's been oiled sprayed every year, including the trunk and engine bay.... this may be a good thing, but it's damn gross in some parts of the trunk.

I'm considering taking the carpet out altogether, cleaning it out, and having the entire trunk lined with spray on truck bed liner..... I think it would look good too., would also blend in much better with a fiberglass cover on my speakers.

......BREADBAGS??? .... I more than LOLed at that....

with the hose

it was like too slow to like pour water all over a trunk and generate some sort of pressure, but not too slow to fill a bucket

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC