Does X-max = Spl

edog

This may be a stupid question but I don't have enough cash to buy subs twice.With the xmax of the re xxx why buy mt or dcsound or any other with lower xmax.Could someone please help with my soon to be purchase I have about $2000.00 to spend on subs. My choices are

2-RE XXX 18's

4-incriminator audio 18"s

4 incriminator audio 15"s

4 dc sounds 18"s

4 dc sounds 15"s

I have 2-mmats 3500.5 amps for the subs.Any help is appreciated

2001 Southern Comfort Suburban sittin on 26"s

Eclipse 6620 double din head unit (2004 dash mod)

4-AQ 3500D amps @1 ohm

8-Cadence 6.5 midbass 4- in each door.

Image Dynamics Cd 1 pro HLCD

4-runs of KnuKoncepts 1/0 power wire

4-DC AUDIO lvl 4 xl 18"s in a wall

2-MECHMAN 270 AMP alternators(2 more on the way)xs power VCM

7-Deka intimidator group 31 batts(soon to be Xs power)

2-Rockford Fosgate Prime r300.4(1 bridged on mids, 2nd on CD1 horns and rear door speakers)

1-Rockford Fosgate 360.2(operated by Palm tungsten T5)My link

Guest jrplayer34

This may be a stupid question but I don't have enough cash to buy subs twice.With the xmax of the re xxx why buy mt or dcsound or any other with lower xmax.Could someone please help with my soon to be purchase I have about $2000.00 to spend on subs. My choices are

2-RE XXX 18's

4 dc sounds 18"s

4 dc sounds 15"s

Re xxx 18's

xmax theoretically increases the air moved, and assuming the same size cone (bot 15's for arguments sake), the one moving farther is theoretically louder, and more xmax gives the ability to play lower linearly at louder volumes.

for spl though, in most cases sensitivity and box design will help you out more than xmax

not saying xxx's will be quiet, but its not the end all be all of spl

the 4 dc's will have far more cone area than the xxx's, and i think the sensitivity is higher too, idr offhand

which would proobably mean a higher spl potential

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC

for spl though, in most cases sensitivity and box design will help you out more than xmax

not saying xxx's will be quiet, but its not the end all be all of spl

x2, thats why the BTL's sensitivity is so high. so it can get extremely loud

and about the xxx thing, they have a high xmax probably because they are a SQ woofer and it needs to drop low (my guess)

i dont think so. its not how far out you can punch , its how hard you can punch is the analogy i have always gone by.

That's pretty much it. It's not just about how much air you can move, it's about how much energy you can transfer to that air.

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

2-RE XXX 18's

4 dc sounds 18"s

4 dc sounds 15"s

Mr.P runs one DC XL 18 on each of his MMats 4000.1s and did 150+ at his first big show.

I would go with four 18s purely for the cone area, although the XXX has the Xmax the IAs or DC 18s will be louder and sound better IMO

-Drew

detail.gifI am a United States Military Arts and Crafts Professional. Sand it off, Paint it on. detail.gif

uhoh_45 said:
dont be a pussy P give the jeep to drew

Archived