Sundown Audio

Bass Boost And Why Its So Bad?

bennett15

I'm not reading any of this except part of the 1st post.

There is absolutly nothing wrong with a bass boost. I have used them in some form or another since 2000 and DO NOT HAVE ANY BLOWN SUBS because of a bass boost.

The fact of the matter is the reason a bass boost is bad is ALL USER ERROR issues.

People do not understand how to use one and they mess up their stuff and blame the bass boost or a dash mounted knob.

So there for people bash them because they can't except the FACT that they don't know how to use them and need something to blame instead of blaming themselves.

ALL ISSUES OR PROBLEMS FROM BASS BOOST OR DASH MOUNTED LINE LEVEL CONTROLLERS ARE 100% THE USER'S FAULT.

Please don't argue with me. This is FACT and I'm really tired of seeing this topic brought up.

LOL now I imagine there will be a capacitor bashing question next from someone.

Edit: I just went through the thread and my post is very much out of context. Sorry about that but I would like to leave my post on here. My Apologies to the OP

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

The Destruction of a person builds character.

Terryswork001.png

There is absolutly nothing wrong with a bass boost. I have used them in some form or another since 2000 and DO NOT HAVE ANY BLOWN SUBS because of a bass boost.

The fact of the matter is the reason a bass boost is bad is ALL USER ERROR issues.

People do not understand how to use one and they mess up their stuff and blame the bass boost or a dash mounted knob.

So there for people bash them because they can't except the FACT that they don't know how to use them and need something to blame instead of blaming themselves.

ALL ISSUES OR PROBLEMS FROM BASS BOOST OR DASH MOUNTED LINE LEVEL CONTROLLERS ARE 100% THE USER'S FAULT.

Please don't argue with me. This is FACT and I'm really tired of seeing this topic brought up.

Edit: I just went through the thread and my post is very much out of context. Sorry about that but I would like to leave my post on here. My Apologies to the OP

Agreed. What is the best sound to use for testing clipping since no songs are alike...a tone?

2012 Honda Accord

Radio: Pioneer AVH-4200NEX

so i finally got a reading it was at like 10.18 or somehting like that and it should have been

at 33.17 so it much much louder now and no bass boost is required

98 Dodge Durango

12 000K 50/55W Headlights

12 000K 35W Fog lights

HU Panasonic CQ-VX100 7" Reciever

(1) Fi SSD 18" Fully Loaded

(1) Ported box 33hz

(1) Soundstream TRX1500D

(1) Soundstream TRX2.440

(1) RE 6.5" Component Set

(1) Rear battery

Big 3 in 0/1 gauge

2 runs of 1/0 Gauge wire

250A Alt soon..

i will argue... no one said it was the bassboost knobs made incorrectly or working wrong

its clearly obvious its the user

no one said it was bad, lol, its ok to use... to an extent, but that extent is nearly impossible to know for each song

way to say some useless sh*t without giving any good info about how to prevent clippin or properly setting gains in regards to using bassboost also

ofcourse bassboost is user error, but thats because 90% of users cant pick up what clipping sounds like

lets say u got subs in ur trunk with seats folded up, u think ur gonna be able to hear at what db boost between 0-18 each songs clips... hell no... thats a joke...

hell i bet 50% of smd users dont even set gains with dmm as a baseline... let alone the average car audio guy who doesnt even go on caraudio websites...

so in that case lack of knowledge plus dumbasses saying bassboost is fine leads to a more likely chance of clipped signals

so sure, be safe and use a 0db sine wave, then u can use more bassboost if thats what u think u need lol

IVE NEVER USED ANY BOOST IN ANY SETUPS, whether on amp or knobs... all of which have put up great tl#s and sounded great for what it was... sure some songs are louder but thats not for a bassboost knob to fix...i can fix that on music editing software

?how was anything out of context, different options of how to correct the issue were offered along with small troubleshootin? whatd u offer... nothing

AND SINCE I CONTRIBUTE AND HELP, HERES A VIDEO WE ALL HAVE SEEN/SHOULD HAVE THATS A REPOST

Bass Boost Clipping

try helping next time instead of b*tching

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

i will argue... no one said it was the bassboost knobs made incorrectly or working wrong

its clearly obvious its the user

no one said it was bad, lol, its ok to use... to an extent, but that extent is nearly impossible to know for each song

way to say some useless sh*t without giving any good info about how to prevent clippin or properly setting gains in regards to using bassboost also

ofcourse bassboost is user error, but thats because 90% of users cant pick up what clipping sounds like

lets say u got subs in ur trunk with seats folded up, u think ur gonna be able to hear at what db boost between 0-18 each songs clips... hell no... thats a joke...

hell i bet 50% of smd users dont even set gains with dmm as a baseline... let alone the average car audio guy who doesnt even go on caraudio websites...

so in that case lack of knowledge plus dumbasses saying bassboost is fine leads to a more likely chance of clipped signals

so sure, be safe and use a 0db sine wave, then u can use more bassboost if thats what u think u need lol

IVE NEVER USED ANY BOOST IN ANY SETUPS, whether on amp or knobs... all of which have put up great tl#s and sounded great for what it was... sure some songs are louder but thats not for a bassboost knob to fix...i can fix that on music editing software

?how was anything out of context, different options of how to correct the issue were offered along with small troubleshootin? whatd u offer... nothing

AND SINCE I CONTRIBUTE AND HELP, HERES A VIDEO WE ALL HAVE SEEN/SHOULD HAVE THATS A REPOST

Bass Boost Clipping

try helping next time instead of b*tching

Why do you want to pull shit out of your ass.

I think you are the same person that doesn't believe matching your gains will help the over all sound quaility even though that can be proved too but I suggest you use this technique on your mid and tweet amps and I garuntee that you will be able to hear little details and subtle little sounds that you never heard before.

The reason my post is out of context is because I wrote what I wrote because I was replying to the title of the thread and if you read the title it makes it sound like the OP was wondering why people are against useing any such manipulation. Instead the OP was haveing issues and thats why I wrote an apology to him.

As far as contributeing to the site why don't you look up everything that I have posted since I got on this forum and I'm willing to bet that 60% of my post have been very helpful to others or true or facts. So I have a big Fuck you on that buddy.

I'm just burnt out with life and have not really been in the mood to help others lately because I have some real serious issues going on in my life and dealing with family members over my concerns trying to help my grandparents and no one willing to step in and help me, so my hands are pretty full.

I don't care how much dope I've done in my life time anyone that has had to let me go hated to let me go but had to because I can be very uncontrollable when I end up on a bender.

It seams to me that you just want to argue and there is nothing to argue about what I said is fact and these people same people that don't understand may still have the same problems with an amp that has no signal processing except for a gain control.

Are going to start bashing capacitors now.

I will not be responding to you in this thread and now would like to apologize again to the OP for putting another post unrelated to his actual question.

The saying don't tell me, show me will work here. So check out my post and put my training that I have past onto others to the test and find out for your self or shut the fuck up and stop screwing with me.

If I have pushed my limits I understand if I have to be banned for awhile.

Again I will not respond to anything you post up against me after this post.

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

The Destruction of a person builds character.

Terryswork001.png

Im pretty sure bass boost knobs might help out in certain songs when the bass lines arent boosted originally from the studio, otherwise i dont use it.

i just set the gains and leave everything alone.

im by no means a really knowledgable car audio dude but its my 2 cents.

peace

'99 Civic hatch

18" AA Chaos - 7cuft @ 34hz - 114sq in. port

Mac Audio Fearless ~ 1000wrms @ 2 Ohms

Videos:

Youtube

Why do you want to pull shit out of your ass. I dont get it, i wasnt trying to be rude to anyone, and it took a good 5 minutes easy to do those audacity examples of the fact that some boost is just fine and doesnt cause clipping.... which is in the OP

I think you are the same person that doesn't believe matching your gains will help the over all sound quaility even though that can be proved too but I suggest you use this technique on your mid and tweet amps and I garuntee that you will be able to hear little details and subtle little sounds that you never heard before. Since u wont respond, i dont know what u mean matching gains, matching to what? lol... i set with a dmm... then use my ear slightly up or down cause i dont have money for an oscope on 4channel and sub amps

The reason my post is out of context is because I wrote what I wrote because I was replying to the title of the thread and if you read the title it makes it sound like the OP was wondering why people are against useing any such manipulation. Instead the OP was haveing issues and thats why I wrote an apology to him.

As far as contributeing to the site why don't you look up everything that I have posted since I got on this forum and I'm willing to bet that 60% of my post have been very helpful to others or true or facts. So I have a big Fuck you on that buddy. I never said overall u dont contribute, just for this guy asking about boost, lol... ive read alot of ur stuff, for real, no harm was meant... it just didnt seem like u were offering help, moreso just ranting.. like below v

I'm just burnt out with life and have not really been in the mood to help others lately because I have some real serious issues going on in my life and dealing with family members over my concerns trying to help my grandparents and no one willing to step in and help me, so my hands are pretty full. Life is tough, but read between the lines, i offered help and showed visually boost isnt bad (OP), and can be useful... just i manipulate the song... others manipulate the amp/knob... and i like the cautious route

I don't care how much dope I've done in my life time anyone that has had to let me go hated to let me go but had to because I can be very uncontrollable when I end up on a bender. Breathe, stressful events are momentary... knowing u conquered rough times last a lifetime

It seams to me that you just want to argue and there is nothing to argue about what I said is fact and these people same people that don't understand may still have the same problems with an amp that has no signal processing except for a gain control. I was arguing that u didnt help the OP, thats all, read... not that ur shitty overall. lol, usually ur pretty cool

Are going to start bashing capacitors now. Only if people dont have a sufficient electrical before adding one... they are good for rock tho, and smoothing out ac bumps and ground interferance

I will not be responding to you in this thread and now would like to apologize again to the OP for putting another post unrelated to his actual question.

The saying don't tell me, show me will work here. So check out my post and put my training that I have past onto others to the test and find out for your self or shut the fuck up and stop screwing with me.

If I have pushed my limits I understand if I have to be banned for awhile. If anything i would, lol

Again I will not respond to anything you post up against me after this post. Settle sally, ur panties are bunched up

lol we even agreed, yet u still made it sound like we werent :pardon:

I guess i should keep to myself since i thought i offered a good visual of the fact boost is ok, but at some point it will clip... and its hard to know when in a car environment when each song is recorded at different levels...

i apologize if i didnt help... just clearing things up since i dont have an oscope to show real time video of the same thing i did in 4 steps

meh bad

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

Just like thanks to all you for the information and to ISO apology accepted

i was wondering why it was so bad but then i threw in some amp related questions as well

so you were in context mostly. because ive used some bass boost in all my systems and have always been told

that it will blow your subs yadda yadda but i have now gained vaulable info to help others thanks

98 Dodge Durango

12 000K 50/55W Headlights

12 000K 35W Fog lights

HU Panasonic CQ-VX100 7" Reciever

(1) Fi SSD 18" Fully Loaded

(1) Ported box 33hz

(1) Soundstream TRX1500D

(1) Soundstream TRX2.440

(1) RE 6.5" Component Set

(1) Rear battery

Big 3 in 0/1 gauge

2 runs of 1/0 Gauge wire

250A Alt soon..

Okay i know that using bass boost causes clipping and on and on

but why do manufactures still put it in there amps? i know on my

amp if i turn bass boost completely off the sub does not play? so i need

at leat some of a bass boost. Also it sounds like i have no bass if its not turned up

gain is set correct with dmm but there is substantially less bass output.

Just want some one to clarify this.

You have an over-rated amp that why is not putting according to what it say. Some amp use bass knob as a gain.

Archived