If any of you have wondered why I haven't been on lately it's because my computers been away at Best Buy getting "fixed."

Apparently it somehow caught the new virus which raped the whole fucking hard drive and Geek Squad couldn't fix it.

Long Story Short.

Music, Programs, School Work, everything, Gone.

I lost over 20gb of Music.

All of my Program files, FL Studio, Virtual DJ, all of the good stuff I had that made you guys happy.

I can no longer make beats, C&S Music, or PM you about a hard to find song.

I won't be getting back into the game until I get my own computer as I am not allowed to download anything on this computer anymore.

Hopefully around Graduation time I'll be getting my own and then when I'm off to school in Ohio, you guys will get the Old Chris back.

I'm not leaving the forums, I'll still be kicking the shit but I'm no longer the "Go-To Music Guy."

I have the old hard drive if anyone has advice on how to save it.

Thanks,

Chris

If any of you have wondered why I haven't been on lately it's because my computers been away at Best Buy getting "fixed."

Apparently it somehow caught the new virus which raped the whole fucking hard drive and Geek Squad couldn't fix it.

Long Story Short.

Music, Programs, School Work, everything, Gone.

I lost over 20gb of Music.

All of my Program files, FL Studio, Virtual DJ, all of the good stuff I had that made you guys happy.

I can no longer make beats, C&S Music, or PM you about a hard to find song.

I won't be getting back into the game until I get my own computer as I am not allowed to download anything on this computer anymore.

Hopefully around Graduation time I'll be getting my own and then when I'm off to school in Ohio, you guys will get the Old Chris back.

I'm not leaving the forums, I'll still be kicking the shit but I'm no longer the "Go-To Music Guy."

I have the old hard drive if anyone has advice on how to save it.

Thanks,

Chris

and that is why geek squad is a complete joke. They are worthless and suck man, hate to tell it to you. If I knew you I woulda offered to take a look at it for free and try to fix it lol....

btw: theres plenty of programs to restore lost files and all that good stuff

2002 ford explorer

200 amp rewound alt

single 18" Fi btl fully loaded

2 1750's

2 c&d tech 88amp/hr batts

2 ought wiring

cdt component set up front, cdt coaxials in back

Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X693

I got some guys out here who can recover all your lost data. If it's just a corrupt file system, a reinstall of Windows should be fine.

What exactly is it doing?

Need an install? Hit me up.
[email protected]

Got car audio questions? Check here first!
Everything you need to know. =]

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/83029-everything-you-need-to-know/

plugging the hard drive into a booted linux system to look through the hard drive and backup the files and/or delete the virus

Linux is teh shit. That might be a good option if you can mount it. Hopefully it's not destroyed... :unknw:

Need an install? Hit me up.
[email protected]

Got car audio questions? Check here first!
Everything you need to know. =]

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/83029-everything-you-need-to-know/

Linux is teh shit. That might be a good option if you can mount it. Hopefully it's not destroyed... :unknw:

Yeah... If... Considering Linux doesn't offer native NTFS support.

Hopefully the hard drive came from the manufacture with a FAT32? Hahahahahha.

2015 Honda Civic LX 4dr | 24k miles

Stock H/U and mids/highs

Power Acoustik GW3-12" D2 Sub

HiFonics BXX1200.1D @ 1ohm

Random 2.5^3' dual ported box

NVX LOC

Stinger wiring throughout 

1977 Chevy SWB

Cammed 350

Dual exhaust

Cheap Wish stereo

Yeah... If... Considering Linux doesn't offer native NTFS support.

Hopefully the hard drive came from the manufacture with a FAT32? Hahahahahha.

new version of ubuntu has full read/write support for NTFS now iirc.

plugging the hard drive into a booted linux system to look through the hard drive and backup the files and/or delete the virus

Even easier... load up knoppix or something similar off of a thumb drive or cd. I've actually been using the ultimate windows boot cd lately to fix infested systems/recover files.

-Installer for Duke's Car Stereo

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix - Ported Eaton M90 S/C, 3.5" pulley, XS Power Headers, 1.9 Rockers, FWI, Poly Motor Mounts, Custom Tune.

RF T1000-1bdCP and T400-4

Boston Acoustics SPG 555

Kenwood eXcelon 995

RF Punch 6.5" components and MB Quart Premium 6x9"s

Powermaster Alternator, YellowTop D34, Vmax CT1000

No idea.

I got some guys out here who can recover all your lost data. If it's just a corrupt file system, a reinstall of Windows should be fine.

What exactly is it doing?

No clue.

Mom said she was typing an essay and a worm looking thing scrolled across the screen and smiled at her.

Geek Sqaud said they couldn't fix it and took the easy way out by replacing the drive.

They gave me the old one back, thank god.

Archived