Sundown Audio

Curious Where To Buy Amplifier Parts? Id Like To Try And Fix My Old Amplifier

ive had this mtx amplifier under my bed for quite along time now. i had it hooked up to my 2 10inch RE RE subs in my really old crx i had until it one day poped and didnt come back on.

ive taken the amp apart some and it looks like the mosfet or what ever they are called is burned on one and looks like both cracked. i cannt see anything else fried so im hoping its just this one or two parts gone bad and i can simply unsolder them and solder in some new ones.

but where can i find these parts to replace mine with? ive tried my hardest to see the numbers and it looks like

top numbers H406ad

bottom numbers 75339p

MTXampfried020.jpg

MTXampfried014.jpg

MTXampfried011.jpg

MTXampfried015.jpg

MTXampfried013.jpg

MTXampfried021.jpg

its not a very big amplifier of course but worked just fine for my little 2 10s, which im currently using as my home theater surround sound bass with a home plate amplifier.

figure if i can fix it by just replacing these 2 mosfet chips that would be simple enough and id have a decent little amplifier again and i could even use it for some highs also... cheap fix is always better than a large paperweight!

truckcleaned-07-1.jpg

i beleive you can find some on mouser.com

And far as the best connection ever.......

get a huge fucking battery, cut the top off, drop an alt in there and then pour all that into your big amplifier. or just smelt them all together.

i didnt think he sold parts for some reason. but im glad i know that now. lol

get a huge fucking battery, cut the top off, drop an alt in there and then pour all that into your big amplifier. or just smelt them all together.

Well it's a tiny little amp and small parts so it won't really hurt to just chuck 2 new FETs in there and hope it's ok, but you really need a scope to check the drive signal is ok.

Make sure you pull the board right out of the amp and do the soldering properly.

Replace those FETs with IRF3205. It's a higher spec part that's compatible :)

http://www.mcmelectronics.com/product/IRF3205

Edited by Boon

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

Well it's a tiny little amp and small parts so it won't really hurt to just chuck 2 new FETs in there and hope it's ok, but you really need a scope to check the drive signal is ok.

Make sure you pull the board right out of the amp and do the soldering properly.

Replace those FETs with IRF3205. It's a higher spec part that's compatible :)

http://www.mcmelectronics.com/product/IRF3205

im going ot you if i ever need amp parts identified

aww fis i would have taken it

There was a single red wire that was burnt. I tried resoldering it but it did it again. i should have posted it on here but was pissed and ripped the whole system out and threw it in the dumpster. Just waiting to get better equipment ftw

2010 Silverado

18" DC XL 18

DC 2k

XS Power Batts