Sundown Audio

Painting Amps?

BlakSS

Helix is the only company i have seen that has a clear top so you can see the internals (which are very sexy, those amps are awesome) . Instead of paint what about maybe powder coating em? just a thought..

Too Much Stuff to list .

lol very interesting ideas.. im liking the airblushing one alot..was considering the sanding one but if i did it id prolly fuk something up..and powdercoating? i cant really get an idea how that would look..except id still the same problem.. would lose all the eq and settings.. any one got any ideas on what i can put in the airbrush..

Helix is the only company i have seen that has a clear top so you can see the internals (which are very sexy, those amps are awesome) . Instead of paint what about maybe powder coating em? just a thought..

usamps merlins

diamond

audison thesis

theres others as well

Edited by James

The only real concern with painting the amp would be for heat dissipation reasons. (and obviously warranty)

As long as you keep the paint off the heat sink portion of the amp and just play around with the sheet metal, you can do damn near whatever you want to it.

2001 Chevy Blazer

(2) SAZ-3000Ds

(2) custom 18" Madmax subs in a second row wall

Rockford 600-4

Pioneer PRS components

Pioneer P800PRS deck

There is a guy from the Soundpressure forum that did it. You have to use a powder coat paint with metal particles mixed. This way the paint acts like a thicker heat sink. You will void the warranty if you do this.

DDAudio002-1.jpg

lP lR O Jl lE C T - C G 6

DD 9512G - DD M2A - DDA W - DD S4A - ALPINE W505 - IMPRINT