i dont want to get to far in depth, but....

there are also alot of buyers of cds, that have the album ripped into the same folders being shared on things like limewire... so the arguement isnt credible unless your designating that u mean dj only stuff... ive found plenty of what seemed to be cd quaility along with the correct id3 tags songs from limewire

80% means nothing, there is no volume everything that is ever recorded is set too, so 80% on classical =/= 80% souljaboy

u blew ur interiors because you couldnt distinguish the distortion before it did damage

you likely also blew interiors playing songs well below the range of the stock speakers... sending anything below 100hz to a stock stereo speaker is relatively pointless... less it be bose or something that might have crossovers involved

i thought almost everyone blows stock speakers, lol... i beat the shit out of my stuff... lol... blown stock speakers are a good way to learn how a speaker is put together once u tear it apart like i do... lol... see how badly i smashed the vc former

lesson learned: look at every song u download thru an osciloscope... use audacity or equivalent... otherwise ur gonna be playing clipped shit, all the time... unless you are a rare breed that only buys cds, which can still be clipped

hmm ive noticed t-pain can be hard to find clean

I blew my interiors because the distortion present in the songs combined with being uneducated about distortion led me to play it above what the speakers are capable of.

That's my point exactly. Why does everyone have be experts in Car Audio to know when to stop turning up the volume? Why is the distortion even present in the music in the first place?

My argument is that anyone involved in music should be educated enough about clipping so that they don't have to leave it up to the consumers to fix their mistakes.

Just to clarify: I agree with what you're saying. I agree that people should know more about music than they do. I just wish the mixtape DJs and a few production companies knew their shit, considering speakers are used to play their music in the first place.

Edited by dwz

I blew my interiors because the distortion present in the songs combined with being uneducated about distortion led me to play it above what the speakers are capable of.

That's my point exactly. Why does everyone have be experts in Car Audio to know when to stop turning up the volume? Why is the distortion even present in the music in the first place?

My argument is that anyone involved in music should be educated enough about clipping so that they don't have to leave it up to the consumers to fix their mistakes.

Just to clarify: I agree with what you're saying. I agree that people should know more about music than they do. I just wish the mixtape DJs and a few production companies knew their shit, considering speakers are used to play their music in the first place.

I feel yah.

It pisses me off when the entire internet doesn't know that bass boost can kill subs.

We need somebody famouse like Dr. Dre to release a song about what clipping is lol.

DC Audio - Singer Alternators - Knukonceptz - XS Power - Hybrid Audio - Rockford Fosgate - Second Skin Audio - SMD - Sundown Audio - Elemental Designs

basically all of slim thugs new album clips.

clipping can be heard when the highs get distorted its harder to detect subs clipping.

You can detect the subs clipping when it overpowers the highs.

DC Audio - Singer Alternators - Knukonceptz - XS Power - Hybrid Audio - Rockford Fosgate - Second Skin Audio - SMD - Sundown Audio - Elemental Designs

yeah that was no dig on ur part, just saying... so many problems are user error... and ive blown plenty of little speakers before learning when to turn it down... name of the game... break it/replace it

i agree, it sucks... but thats why u just gotta be cautious and not trust friends hooking up their ipods into ur deck without knowing the quality of the tracks

o... highs clipping sounds like the sound is breaking up or way to harsh and piercing...

mids tend to pop way too much, and sound overworked...

while subs are hard, cause distortion is harder to pick up... sounds unnatural and empty and constant

Edited by decafcappucino

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

just a question.. Are songs from itunes clipped?

They shouldn't be the same way a CD shouldn't be clipped. But sometimes, the production crew sucks and cranks out CDs where the track(s) is clipped.

Basically, if a CD is clipped, chances are the iTunes version is and vice versa.

Edited by BJD3

You may be offended by the above. Don't take it personally, I'm just abrasive.

DC Level 4 M2 12 D2

Car Audio Bargain 1600.1

Eclipse CD3200

~2 cubes @ 34 hz.

Stinger Roadkill Expert