Second Skin Audio

Multiple Round Port Confusion..

bump for input on the new ports and is the 3 1/8" too close to the bottom of the box? or will it be ok.

i believe the distance should be equal to the diameter of the port, i think thats a bit too close for a 6'' port,but im no expert either

sheephotdog-1.gif logoblack.jpg

1999 Eclipse N/T

12'' Fi BTL

Gp3000d

PM D3100

i believe the distance should be equal to the diameter of the port, i think thats a bit too close for a 6'' port,but im no expert either

yea that's recommended but i wanted to know if it would still be fine like that. Cuz i really dont have any other choice other than having the port come out of the box which i really dont want cuz it dosent look all that good.

DSC06330-1.jpg

91' Jeep Cherokee - The Heep

Just Empty Every Pocket

96' Volvo 960 - The B◘x

[sPL_4_U]

HiFonics - Alpine

Pioneer - Clarion

Infinity - Kicker

KnuKonceptz

thats a we bit to close,if you ran a 15 you might be able to work it out better :) plus you should try a design sub up port back, you are in a suv.

yea thats what i wanted to do in the begining but that would mean i would have to make the top of the box atleast 19.5" which would take up almost all of my trunk space..not something i want. It would work out better with a 15 but if im gonna spend this much money i might as well go for an 18 and call it a day. Cuz i know if i get a 15 then sooner or later i will want to upgrade to an 18 with a bigger amp.

...Oo i just thought of another box idea lol

DSC06330-1.jpg

Just Empty Every Pocket

96' Volvo 960 - The B◘x

[sPL_4_U]

HiFonics - Alpine

Pioneer - Clarion

Infinity - Kicker

KnuKonceptz

You can also run a portion of the port out of the box. depends how "clean" you want it to look.

I'd have that port hang out of the box a few inches to clear the opposite wall

-Drew

detail.gifI am a United States Military Arts and Crafts Professional. Sand it off, Paint it on. detail.gif

uhoh_45 said:
dont be a pussy P give the jeep to drew

Yes, big power = small box, small power = big box, in general. The small box helps to control the cone.

With only 1000w in a box that small the sub won't really get moving like it should.

The other thing is that small boxes are less efficient, normally you can make up for this by having heaps of power and a relatively large port but neither of these are really options for you.

As I said earlier, if I were you I would drop to a 15" sub, add 1 6" aeroport and you'll be in business (and have a manageable port length!)

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

Yes, big power = small box, small power = big box, in general. The small box helps to control the cone.

With only 1000w in a box that small the sub won't really get moving like it should.

The other thing is that small boxes are less efficient, normally you can make up for this by having heaps of power and a relatively large port but neither of these are really options for you.

As I said earlier, if I were you I would drop to a 15" sub, add 1 6" aeroport and you'll be in business (and have a manageable port length!)

well i redid the box and i dunno why i never thought of this in the first place...but w/e lol. Its for a 15" and its 4 cubes...thats right between the 3-5 cubes that Fi recommends.

Capture-9.jpg

This will give me lots of room on the side of the box and its a sub up port back config, tune to 32hz with 3 4" ports.

Edited by eliassami5

DSC06330-1.jpg

Just Empty Every Pocket

96' Volvo 960 - The B◘x

[sPL_4_U]

HiFonics - Alpine

Pioneer - Clarion

Infinity - Kicker

KnuKonceptz

This one might be a bit easier to build i think, the port is 3" tall, wanted it to be 4" tall but the end of the port was too close to the back of the box.

Capture2-5.jpg

DSC06330-1.jpg

Just Empty Every Pocket

96' Volvo 960 - The B◘x

[sPL_4_U]

HiFonics - Alpine

Pioneer - Clarion

Infinity - Kicker

KnuKonceptz

well i redid the box and i dunno why i never thought of this in the first place...but w/e lol. Its for a 15" and its 4 cubes...thats right between the 3-5 cubes that Fi recommends.

Capture-9.jpg

This will give me lots of room on the side of the box and its a sub up port back config, tune to 32hz with 3 4" ports.

I love this one.