They are big money but man the horsepower you get...my brother in law has twin turbos on a cobra and he has 808 hp at the rear tires and he is only using a 21.5 lbs.....he is going to 28 and will be well over 1000 at the tires

Whats it run 12's in the quarter haha

far from BS.. a twin turbo cobra will see over 1000whp at around 30psi

and if you know what you are doing, an ebay turbo kit would be just fine.. a buddy of mine ran 12.7 on a stock gsr motor with an ebay kit and a GOOODDDD tune but if you don't take care of your car and don't have a damn near perfect tune, you need to stay away from ebay

Edited by doug118

You can run 9 psi all day long on just about any STOCK motor, Hondas included. At that boost level, all that matters is that you have plenty of fuel available, and A GOOD TUNE.

You will break the ring lands, or blow a head gasket on ANY motor, no matter what internals is has, if you run into detonation from a bad tune.

Leave the motor completely stock, and spend your money on a good fuel pump, injectors, and tuneable fuel management system, such as AEM, CHROME, Megasquirt, or whatever. Anything that you can change timing and fuel curves in will work. If you are unsure of how to tune a standalone, take it to and expierienced tuner with a dyno, preferably one with an Eddy brake, so they can dial in some decent drivability as well.

Matt

http://www.full-race.com/

if you're buying a kit, that's the place to go trust me. dont even think about ebay please.

i also have some parts for you depending on what you need

I just got a Virus Warning after opening that link, just so you know. From AVG.

Edited by CodyB

CABCopyright.png

88-98 GM Full Size Forum www.GMT400.com

i put fuses on power wires, and condoms on fuses, to keep the fuses safe!

You can run 9 psi all day long on just about any STOCK motor, Hondas included. At that boost level, all that matters is that you have plenty of fuel available, and A GOOD TUNE.

You will break the ring lands, or blow a head gasket on ANY motor, no matter what internals is has, if you run into detonation from a bad tune.

Leave the motor completely stock, and spend your money on a good fuel pump, injectors, and tuneable fuel management system, such as AEM, CHROME, Megasquirt, or whatever. Anything that you can change timing and fuel curves in will work. If you are unsure of how to tune a standalone, take it to and expierienced tuner with a dyno, preferably one with an Eddy brake, so they can dial in some decent drivability as well.

Matt

thanks matt..

exactly what the dude said "he tunes cars"

i didn't realize he had a 500whp integra until i spoke with him.. lol

Matt

i can personaly vouch for that. i ran one of my first boosted motors for 9 months @ that level

ascendant.jpglogo.jpgteamsundown-1.jpgDCPowerLogoTransparent2.png