Sonic Electronix

3 Questions In 1 Post, Can You Please Step In Here?

Hello to everyone. Instead of making 3 posts, I'm hoping I can ask all my Q's inside this post. To make a long story short, Thanks to ROB @ DC Power, I have a dual alt kit coming next week to install on my 02 tahoe, a MLA 15.3v module for both alts, and was wondering these 3 questions:

(1) Do you think I will be able to notice a difference now with running 2 alts? IE: Will the bass hit "stronger" now possibly.

(2) Do you think the MLA module will help overall system response as-well? I'm thinking that the extra voltage that it supplies, will increase overall output? (My USAmps MD3D should maybe respond well to it?)

(3) For shits and giggles, I just did an OHM load check on my 2 18"s (Fi BL's) There D1's and I have them wired into a 1 OHM load, and the reading my multimeter gave me was 1.4 Ohm (I have just 2 wires coming out the box, all wiring is internal, so this reading is with both drivers connected, you know what I mean) Does this ohm load reading OK? I would have thought a 1ohm load would read 1 ohm, but im hoping you tell me that this is fine. I havent been hard on these babies really at all, and there only 8 months old with maybe 10hrs of use.

Just an FYI, WHEN I initially installed everything, I did 2 runs of 0ga to my back batts for the hell of it. Do you think that those 2 runs of 0ga will benifit me now with the upgraded amperage I'll have now with 2 alts? The BIGIII is also done, and all in 0ga. I like to do things right the first time.

Edited by newls1

I love my staffie :good:

So anti FACEBOOK it isn't even funny

and in answer to the first two questions, a stronger voltage under load will help and allow your amp(s) to make more power, so as long as your dual alt setup gets you better voltage under load (and it should) you should see better performance.

box rise. your 1.4 is perfectly fine, hell some people get rise up to 2.5ohms from 1

Does this mean the box is well spec'ed? Accordman (I havent seen him on here lately) spec'ed it out for me. 16CuFT w/ 158SqIN of port (I think) 34Hz

and in answer to the first two questions, a stronger voltage under load will help and allow your amp(s) to make more power, so as long as your dual alt setup gets you better voltage under load (and it should) you should see better performance.

Thanks for your input, appreciate it. I believe the MD3D has a unregulated power supply, so 15+V should be good for the amp I would think.

specs you put up arent correct specs but i couldnt tell you what they are now anyhow since daughter broke my flash drive with over 1000 box designs on it...now 6 years of boxes i get to start all over.

Im somewhere close though, I think the port specs are just off slightly. but either way, I appreciate all your work you did for e back 7-8 months ago.... Your a straight up good guy......

Im somewhere close though, I think the port specs are just off slightly. but either way, I appreciate all your work you did for e back 7-8 months ago.... Your a straight up good guy......

wow thanks, first time ive ever heard that....usually im an asshole or a dick, those are my normal compliments.

Well to answer all of your questions simply, yes. Any electrical upgrade you do will benefit your system. As far as making it louder, well, that's not always the case. If you had big voltage drop before, then you will be louder for longer periods of time. And the higher the voltage going into the amp means higher voltage coming out. Sometimes the difference isn't noticable to the ear, but to the meter it will be.

As far as your impedance, My MOJOs are wired up with very long 8AWG wire but I only have a .3 ohm rise standing per circuit. Unless you're using 12 gauge or less, you should be fine.

Need an install? Hit me up.
[email protected]

Got car audio questions? Check here first!
Everything you need to know. =]

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/83029-everything-you-need-to-know/