Sonic Electronix

same way you put dynamat or any other on. with a heat gun and force it in to all grooves and bumbs.

i covered my whole car with this stuff. sticks great, you have to double it up because it is a little thin but it gets the job done just as good as the other stuff.

14 dollars for a 6" by 25' roll. i get it from lowes its called self-adhered flashing

make sure you get the rubber butyl based stuff and not the asphalt based (this stuff will smell like fresh poured asphalt on a hot day inside your car.)

Not sure what I got but it looks like this.

7a934931-c382-4f94-beba-c17d219152d4_300.jpg

Fatmat is C R A P because it has asphalt in it. So does Dynamat Original, eDead and a majority of other CHEAP deadeners. Asphalt based deadeners are much more labor intense to install because you have to heat them with a heat gun. Hair dryers don't really get hot enough, you guessed it ... you can burn yourself too. Asphalt is much more heat sensitive. Thats why people report it falling off. The highest quality from experience is Second Skin. Dynamat Extreme is second best. Hushmat and RAAMat are pretty good. Stay away from asphalt based and get butyl based backing. The thicker the aluminum foil is the better heat dissipation and helps strengthen your sheet metal to avoid flex and vibrations. Also take into account that the thicker aluminum will cut the hell out of you if you don't use gloves. I got lots of minor paper cuts or deeper all over my fingers and palms when I installed Dynamat Extreme. If you end up using Second Skin please use gloves. The aluminum is almost double thickness of Dynamat Extreme. The thicker the butyl backing the more it adds mass to the panel you apply it to. More mass = better efficiency.

RAAMat is technically the cheapest. However you have to double and triple the mat to be as effective as the more premier brands, such as Second Skin. A single layer of a quality material is fine for most applications. If you want more luxury quietness don't wast your money doubling up butyl products. Invest in a sound barrier material that has closed cell foam and a vinyl layer too. Luxury Liner Pro works miracles.

Dynamat Extreme has a sticky but gooey backing. It is very messy, yet effective. Damplifier Pro is just as sticky, if not more, with a more solid texture to it. Do research and buy what is better on the pocket. I'm sure the difference between these two is inaudible. You will probably find Hushmat and Dynamat Extreme a bit cheaper on eBay. You get what you pay for.

That is all. I hope I've been helpful lol. :D

DDAudio002-1.jpg

lP lR O Jl lE C T - C G 6

DD 9512G - DD M2A - DDA W - DD S4A - ALPINE W505 - IMPRINT

i used dynamat extreme, but might try something else when i go nuts with it this summer, even at dealer pricing this stuff is pricier than second skin , workd great though, cant complain

like said before, asphalt sucks, butyl is what you need, thicker is better

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC

Dynamat Extreme, even though it cuts the hell out of you.

For cheap effective deadening we use Bostik, it's a locally made bitumen based deadener, no aluminium but it's cheap as anything, throw a bead of urethane on the panel and heatgun on a couple of layers and you have a panel that's way deader than DMX will ever manage.

Tried Stinger Roadkill, wow that stuff is expensive, maybe slightly better deadening than DMX but it didn't stick anywhere near as well.

Top tip from a guy at my local shop, if you're using bitumen/ashphalt based deadener, wait for a hot day and lay the pieces (aluminium side down, duh) out on the roof of your car for a while, the sun gets them just hot enough to be pliable without being so hot that it'll burn you.

Edited by Boon

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

I've used Dynamat Extreme in my trunk, in my computer, and inside a little ported sub enclosure I have for my computer. It did wonders in the trunk, I wish I could afford more of it. My computer no longer vibrates my feet, but the fans seem louder. And the sub enclosure now sounds much, much bigger and it's also louder and doesn't vibrate. However it sounds extremely hollow.

Anyways.... lol