Sundown Audio

List Of Amps Made In U.s.a.

Ben Building

This right here is one of the main reasons that our economy is in the situation that it is. We Import more than we export. In other words we send more money out of the country than we keep in the country. Cheaper labor but its not only causing job losses in the US its a bigger problem than most people realize. It is a downward spiral because everyone turns to places like walmart now for better prices to save money. Places like walmart save all there money from buying bulk from over seas.

98 Jeep Wrangler

33x13.50 super swamper LTB's

Memphis M3 15"

Memphis MCD1000

Optima yellowtop D34/78

Bass Race 129.9

(LBZ Duramax in the future)

I'll bet we could start a "Build-House" just on the Forum. For example, let's say we came up with a amp that can be built by hands; American hands. Then we break the processes up into parts. Then Foreverbumpn might solder the MOSFETS, someone else in his city would do the input stage. Bassbaker15 might assemble and paint the heatsinks, and 1LOWSUV might finish the output stage.

Each person or group of people have a task and you accrue, let's say SMD Points, that could be used to buy anything we've figured out how to manufacter with our resources. The more you do, the more Points you get, the more stuff you can buy.

It doesn't have to be anything as complicated as an amplifier, at first; just something to test the method.

Any bright Ideas?

Well if you want to break it down to basics....ALL mobile amplifiers that have DC inputs are power inverters....just with varying fequency and amplitude on the output.

:P

A half-wit gave you a piece of his mind, and you held on to it.

My Youtube vids...enjoyDC.jpgdcsig-1.jpg2pt8a6w.png

anythings possible with the right build =] we accept visa and mastercard =]

I'll bet we could start a "Build-House" just on the Forum. For example, let's say we came up with a amp that can be built by hands; American hands. Then we break the processes up into parts. Then Foreverbumpn might solder the MOSFETS, someone else in his city would do the input stage. Bassbaker15 might assemble and paint the heatsinks, and 1LOWSUV might finish the output stage.

Each person or group of people have a task and you accrue, let's say SMD Points, that could be used to buy anything we've figured out how to manufacter with our resources. The more you do, the more Points you get, the more stuff you can buy.

It doesn't have to be anything as complicated as an amplifier, at first; just something to test the method.

Any bright Ideas?

Well it comes down to numbers. These are just a few off the top of my head.

take the price of the board + internals + heatsinks+ endcaps + cover = Raw material price of the amp. Properly not that bad depending on the size amp.

Lets look at labor.

hour wages + insurance + workers comp = Cost to put it together.

Facilities.

Wharehousing + utilities + insurance + overhead operational cost = cost of doing business in America

2 out of 3 of these may be more or less depending on which part of the country you live in.

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

Did Cerwin Vega finally move over seas? They used to always be US.

Team Soundstream

Team Optima

Team HK

2 Soundstream SPLX-152HX

2 Soundtsream TRX2000D

1 Soundstream RUB4.600

4 Soundstream SST65

4 Soundstream TWS.3

1 Soundstream S-Cell400

1 Soundstream Power Plant

1 Soundstream BX-15

1 VMAX CT1900

2 Optima Yellow Top D34/78

1 Kenwood KDC-X493

Well it comes down to numbers. These are just a few off the top of my head.

take the price of the board + internals + heatsinks+ endcaps + cover = Raw material price of the amp. Properly not that bad depending on the size amp.

Lets look at labor.

hour wages + insurance + workers comp = Cost to put it together.

Facilities.

Wharehousing + utilities + insurance + overhead operational cost = cost of doing business in America

2 out of 3 of these may be more or less depending on which part of the country you live in.

Ok, you are thinking conventionally here. If we were to create SMD Points or something that could be redeemed for "SMD America" subs, amps, or whatever (not counting the fact that "SMD America" brand equipment could also be sold to those without SMD Points for money for parts).

Obviously, we would need an ongoing materials budget, but those funds could be raised by sales.

Labor is free because us American-Made SMD menbers would all donate whatever portion of time we feel comfortable with to get as many SMD Points as possible. If you want a 20,000 watt system, it's easy. Just look on the list for a task for Points and grab however many you can do.

Not to be funny, guys, but we started this thing!!! Lately, we have been doing a lot of this :lazy: but we don't have to We start the trends, and OTHERS FOLLOW!!!

I THINK THERE ARE SOME SMD MEMBERS READY TO START SOMETING BIG!!!

Archived