Second Skin Audio

W7 Not Bumping Like It Should...help

I just got my jl audio 10w7 today and for some reason it does not bump like it should...before I put the w7 in, I had tried an earthquake magma 12 and it wasn't hitting like it should either...I figured it wasnt working right because of the 6 ohm impedance on the 500/1 while wired in a series and I didn't test it wired in parallel. So I read the trouble shooting on the 500/1 and it said to test the amps input voltage with a test tone cd to see if it is receiving from 200mv to 5v and it was receiving close to the minimum. I then checked the speaker outputs to see if it was receiving the right amount of voltage and it was....set to 38.7 for the w7... I tried dicking with the eql and increasing the input and output voltages they way audiocontrol said and I adjusted them according to my 500/1. I could tell the increase in the sub sound, but it sounds like crap... and it isn't loud at all... I have no idea what could be wrong with it.. because it should be receiving the right voltage according to the tests I did, but its not putting out the sound a w7 should....could my amp be messed up??? my equipment is shown below...please help out if possible...Thanks.

THE BASS KICKS AND THE HEADS TURN. THE STEERING WHEEL PULSES UNDER YOUR FINGERS AND YOU MORE THAN HEAR THE MUSIC, YOU FEEL IT. THE CRISP, CLEAR SOUND JARS THE COMPLACENCY FROM YOUR SOUL AND LEAVES YOUR PROBLEMS SCATTERED ON THE HIGHWAY UNROLLING BEHIND YOU. HERE IN YOUR CAR, YOU ARE KING. THIS IS YOUR WORLD, YOUR TIME, WHERE YOU ARE THE STAR AND YOU PICK THE SOUNDTRACK…

Alpine CDA-9887

Audiocontrol three.1

JL Audio xd400/4

JL Audio C5-570 Components

JL Audio C2-570x

JL Audio hd750/1

JL Audio 12w6v2

Optima Yellow Top

Viper 350hv

i got your back bro. www.dcsoundlab.com that will fix all of you problems bruddy!

I Rock 4 Doors 4 More Whores!

SMD SUPER SELLER

my seller feedback http://www.stevemead...-mama-feedback/

more seller feedback http://www.stevemead...-slaps-yo-mama/

I know the w7 is picky about the box and I made one with the dimensions of a jl box tweaked a bit to still have the correct amount of air space.... I sealed it good and put double 3/4 on the front. It could be the box... But my calculations I figures wouldn't be that much off...

THE BASS KICKS AND THE HEADS TURN. THE STEERING WHEEL PULSES UNDER YOUR FINGERS AND YOU MORE THAN HEAR THE MUSIC, YOU FEEL IT. THE CRISP, CLEAR SOUND JARS THE COMPLACENCY FROM YOUR SOUL AND LEAVES YOUR PROBLEMS SCATTERED ON THE HIGHWAY UNROLLING BEHIND YOU. HERE IN YOUR CAR, YOU ARE KING. THIS IS YOUR WORLD, YOUR TIME, WHERE YOU ARE THE STAR AND YOU PICK THE SOUNDTRACK…

Alpine CDA-9887

Audiocontrol three.1

JL Audio xd400/4

JL Audio C2-570x

JL Audio hd750/1

JL Audio 12w6v2

Optima Yellow Top

Viper 350hv

2000 ford ranger... And box was made out of 3/4 with dimensions 14x17x13.5

Alpine CDA-9887

Audiocontrol three.1

JL Audio xd400/4

JL Audio C2-570x

JL Audio hd750/1

JL Audio 12w6v2

Optima Yellow Top

Viper 350hv

pics and specs of the box?

nevermind you posted same time.

what are the requirements for that sub?

you got about 1.35 cubes..

sealed i take it.

Edited by tibs

Tibs 99 F-150 Build 8 twelves

8 - Re SE 12"s

2 - SunDown Audio Saz-3000d's

1 - vx4004 planet audio amp

big 3 1/0 gauge

MECHMAN 250 amp alt

MySpace

specs are shown. But I'll have to take the pic tomorrow... But specs where just a little bit off from the jl recommended airspace.

Alpine CDA-9887

Audiocontrol three.1

JL Audio xd400/4

JL Audio C2-570x

JL Audio hd750/1

JL Audio 12w6v2

Optima Yellow Top

Viper 350hv

and when I say off it's by half an inch or less.

Alpine CDA-9887

Audiocontrol three.1

JL Audio xd400/4

JL Audio C2-570x

JL Audio hd750/1

JL Audio 12w6v2

Optima Yellow Top

Viper 350hv