I was reading the thread about "Amps made in the USA"

Kind of sucks because there used to be quite a few. I have a major frustration with todays economy, and business ethics, and what people expect from there employers.

Everyone is obsessed with profits, and first thought is "Import"

People who have the chance to start a company- any company, always looks for ways to cut corners, but what they never think is, "what can I do to help my fellow US citizens, and local economy?"

China is doing one thing right that helps there economy out, they hire alot of employees for a lower pay rate. I dont see why more US companies cant do that?

The speaker company I cam from had 20 employees, the boss man could have either

1) Kept 20 employees as a lower pay rate $9 - 10hr

2) or keep 10 employees at a good healthy pay rate $15-17+

He decided to help the economy out, and put out more jobs, and you know what? everyone there loved there job, and was happy.

I have a neighbor that has a job for $40hr just putting up scaffolding, and taking them down, and then is laid off for half the year making $450 a week when there is no work.

I dont know, what am I missing here? 40hr? I know his job has health hazards, so does my job. I deal with gas propane and natural, and electricity- up to 4000volts, and light radiation. I burn my arms constantly, because I need to work on industrial ovens, and the customers cant wait, so I just have to deal with the risks, and dangers

I'am happy with my pay rate. I do end up working about 10 - 14hrs a day, my regular pay is done in 3 days, 4th or 5th day if worked is ALL overtime pay.

GM awesome company, I drive a GM vehicle, but did you know they pay assembly line workers $25hr just to tighten up lug nuts all day?

2 Employees can do the same job at $15, and do a higher quality job. There is no need for these crazy high hourly rates, I know NOW is a bad time to bring that up, but just think of the profits GM could have made by hiring people at $15hr, and just hire more employees, not saying double the employment, because that wouldn't have worked, especially with sales- But its possible that GM prices would have dropped, and made there vehicles more affordable.

Most of the parts for GM, well at least half are imported, or outsourced. to other NON GM affiliates

To have 21,000 employees at $25+hr when GM could have had 32,000 employees, and a lot lower failure rates, being paid $15hr I think would have been a lot better on the economy if you ask me, am I retard for thinking like that?

My thing is, say if I wanted to open my own business, and I had the option of hiring 50 workers at $10hr, or 25 workers at $20hr, I would rather just do the 50 workers at a lower rate just to help a brother out. $10hr is fine, especially if you share rent

I know what I have ranted about is total bull shit NOW, in the economic crisis, but would have been completely fine 2 - 3 - 4 yrs ago, and there would have been alot of people still working, there would be companies staying in the USA, etc etc

Oh yeah, 1 thing I learned with overseas business is, most companies that say "built" in the USA are either parts completely built over seas, and assembled in the US, or like APPLE/ Mac all built overseas- Yeah, the Mac is all built, and assembled, and programed overseas- bummer huh?

Bottom line is,

There is no law saying you HAVE to make $25hr on a job when the person probably never finished high school, or possibly no college of any kind, while there are 1000 people applying for the same job that do have some college , finished high school, and willing to just get any job until they find a job with there skills

they have

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

Kind of sucks because there used to be quite a few. I have a major frustration with todays economy, and business ethics, and what people expect from there employers.

People who have the chance to start a company- any company, always looks for ways to cut corners, but what they never think is, "what can I do to help my fellow US citizens, and local economy?"

China is doing one thing right that helps there economy out, they hire alot of employees for a lower pay rate. I dont see why more US companies cant do that?

He decided to help the economy out, and put out more jobs, and you know what? everyone there loved there job, and was happy.

I have a neighbor that has a job for $40hr just putting up scaffolding, and taking them down, and then is laid off for half the year making $450 a week when there is no work.

I dont know, what am I missing here? 40hr? I know his job has health hazards, so does my job. I deal with gas propane and natural, and electricity- up to 4000volts, and light radiation. I burn my arms constantly, because I need to work on industrial ovens, and the customers cant wait, so I just have to deal with the risks, and dangers

I'am happy with my pay rate. I do end up working about 10 - 14hrs a day, my regular pay is done in 3 days, 4th or 5th day if worked is ALL overtime pay.

GM awesome company, I drive a GM vehicle, but did you know they pay assembly line workers $25hr just to tighten up lug nuts all day?

2 Employees can do the same job at $15, and do a higher quality job. There is no need for these crazy high hourly rates, I know NOW is a bad time to bring that up, but just think of the profits GM could have made by hiring people at $15hr, and just hire more employees, not saying double the employment, because that wouldn't have worked, especially with sales- But its possible that GM prices would have dropped, and made there vehicles more affordable.

Most of the parts for GM, well at least half are imported, or outsourced. to other NON GM affiliates

To have 21,000 employees at $25+hr when GM could have had 32,000 employees, and a lot lower failure rates, being paid $15hr I think would have been a lot better on the economy if you ask me, am I retard for thinking like that?

My thing is, say if I wanted to open my own business, and I had the option of hiring 50 workers at $10hr, or 25 workers at $20hr, I would rather just do the 50 workers at a lower rate just to help a brother out. $10hr is fine, especially if you share rent

I know what I have ranted about is total bull shit NOW, in the economic crisis, but would have been completely fine 2 - 3 - 4 yrs ago, and there would have been alot of people still working, there would be companies staying in the USA, etc etc

Oh yeah, 1 thing I learned with overseas business is, most companies that say "built" in the USA are either parts completely built over seas, and assembled in the US, or like APPLE/ Mac all built overseas- Yeah, the Mac is all built, and assembled, and programed overseas- bummer huh?

Bottom line is,

There is no law saying you HAVE to make $25hr on a job when the person probably never finished high school, or possibly no college of any kind, while there are 1000 people applying for the same job that do have some college , finished high school, and willing to just get any job until they find a job with there skills

they have

Fully agreed. I've been saying this for a while. People need to stop complaining about wages so the big companies can hire tons more people...I have sooooo many friends out of work who can't go to college because they have no way to afford it. It's really sad to see all my close friends losing there lives because my city down home has zero jobs available and few can be found elsewhere.

A vitrolic, megalomaniacal sadistic psychopath.

Alot of the issues you are talking about with big business with the auto makes can be summed up with 3 letters... UAW

Daily Driver 1999 Kia Sephia

Kenwood DNX-893s
Audison Bit One Processor
2 Dat 4.125's
Sundown Audio SCV-6k
Hertz hsk-165xl's Mids running active                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               Focal V30 Series Tweeters running active 
Sundown Sa-8 v1's in the doors
2 Sundown Zv5 12's 
Lots of Hushmat
Big 3+ and 3 + & 3- runs of Trystar 2/0
2 Dc Power Engineering 320 HP Alts

2017 Comp Vehicle
2006 Toyota 4 Runner
Kenwood Excelon DNX-893s                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         Audison Bit One HD DSP
4 Sundown Sa 6.5v2 Component Sets 
Focal Access 6.5 2 ways
Sundown Audio Sax-50.4                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       Sundown Audio Sax-100.4
2 Dc Power 370xp
Northstar agm27f
Northstar agm65
2 Northstar asmagm 480's
2 Dual 1 Sundown Nightshade v3 12's
2 Sundown SCV-7500's
All SMD Fuse Holders
Shitload Of Sundown 1/0

120 sq ft Second Skin Damp Pro

No, Its Not A Burp Truck!!!!

2016 Season 3rd place in Xtreme 1 At Finals

2016 Season 6th Place In Kaos 1 At Finals ( Blew The Subs Up In First Round Eliminations)

2 Kansas State Records Set In 2016 In Xtreme 1 And Kaos 1 In Midwest SPL

2-1.jpgsa.jpg
DCPowerLogoTransparent2.png

David said:

audio is a lifestyle, not a hobby

newls1
I cant read a tape to save my life... 1/2's are ok, but other marks confuse me
kingsuv
only men who cant read a tape, take it in the ass
kingsuv
you sir, get a pink hard hat on jobsites

Alot of the issues you are talking about with big business with the auto makes can be summed up with 3 letters... UAW

True.... I think unions are great, but then again, they have drawbacks, just like my neighbor getting paid $40hr for a $20hr - 25hr job, he works for a union down south...

but I do believe people that are used to $20hr, and are unemployed living off of unemployment, and a job comes up for $12hr, they should quit there whining, and take it

I got paid $15hr at Sears as a appliance tech, was laid off, and got a job at $11hr, wasnt to happy with it, but took it, and the job was fine IMO

Now I waited, and found a job that was $12.50hr starting doing the same thing as Sears, and was happy with it, got a $2.50 raise in just 6 weeks, back up to my old jobs status

Oh and what else kind of frusterates me is people who have like 3 jobs

fukkers... lol

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

I know you're frustrated, Bro; most of us are. However, I believe it is never too late for us to start discussing these things so that we know what to do next time.

Believe it or not, guys, this Forum is an extremely powerful tool that can be used either as a "Brain-Pool" for new ideas, or as a way to distribute ideas like this to a lot of people very quickly. You might never know it, but there might be some prettiy influential people on this Forum alone.

We have kind of dropped the ball a little, but we know what we need to do. Foreverbumpn, you are NOT the only person who feels this way.

Let's try the "Brain-Pool" approach first: Where can we start?

Edited by Ben Building

I know you're frustrated, Bro; most of us are. However, I believe it is never too late for us to start discussing these things so that we know what to do next time.

Believe it or not, guys, this Forum is an extremely powerful tool that can be used either as a "Brain-Pool" for new ideas, or as a way to distribute ideas like this to a lot of people very quickly. You might never know it, but there might be some prettiy influential people on this Forum alone.

We have kind of dropped the ball a little, but we know what we need to do. Foreverbumpn, you are NOT the only person who feels this way.

Let's try the "Brain-Pool" approach first: Where can we start?

Well said and greatly appreciated. UAW is a problem for those who are not members. Imagine if someone said that if you pay them $100.00 a year to increase your wages by a 3rd. You would do back flips all the way to the bank. Where it gets screwy is when they get to the point where they strong arm the companies their members work for. The car companies can move to states where union workers are not required. Just look at Toyota. They are in the south where unions don't have as strong a hold.

The unions have their place.... but they also are notorious for overstepping their boundaries ALOT. The union I am in , has one huge weakness... The railroads can not strike. Because Of this, our union is weak, and we get taken advantage of all the time. Our union leaders however, the guys that are at the top of the "corporation" , because thats what unions really are, are the ones who are making millions off of my union dues, yet my employer violates our working agreements all the time, then they deny pay claims that we submit for those violations. It literally sucks sometimes. The average railroad employee loses about ten grand a year for contract violations that dont get reimbursed.

And the UAW needs to be bitch slapped.

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser Voo Doo Blue

my upgrades and "build" thread.

My Kulicki Box Build

-Alpine 9887 head unit, KTX-100EQ imprint-( sound quality for dummies! ). - MB Quartz 3.5" in back pillars

-Sundown Audio SAX100.4 - JL Audio 3 way 6.5" component set XR653-CSi ( doors and dash )

-JL Audio 2 way Component set XR650CSi

- Alpine MRD - M1005 - Alpine Type - R 12" subs -- 2 - 12" s in a Pete kulicki designed box.

-Alpine High speed Ipod cable, and KCA-SC100 with Sirius sat. radio

-All wiring is Stinger 12 gauge and HPM Level 3 RCAs, KnuKonceptz Kolossus Power and ground and Big done in 1/0,

-270 sq. ft. of Damplifier Pro, 36 sq. ft. of Overkill Pro, 6 full sheets of Luxury Liner, and a gallon of spectrum-

-2 Powermaster D680 Powercells in back

FINALLY !!! I GOT IT METERED ON THE TERMLAB !!! I did a 140.2 at 42 hertz.

Shoehorn, BFH, forklift,duct tape and some zip ties

Bottom line is,

they have

There is a lot of misunderstood things in this statement...... I'll try to explain it best as i can, since i was a Union Organizer...

Let's take a time trip back to the Glorious 50's... why do people call it that? because everyone had a great paying job,do to the Union.... The Union was at it's strongest, it only took 1 job to take care of the family and buy a nice house with a car...... Now that the Union are getting weaker because of political and corporate attacks, and the lack of knowledge to the people....... back then the average American had more buying power do to the their jobs, and now if you your married you must have your wife work to make ends meat..... I am thank full for my Union.... if i didn't have it, i would of never bought my condo when i was 22.. Back then people stood up more for what they believe... in a better living wage....

The average Union worker made about $18hr plus benefits and a retirement.. the average CEO back then made about $150,000 a year...... since then.... The Average Union worker makes $30 hr, and the CEO makes about $15 million a year... They have pushed the limits on all of of us and blamed it on the Union's for the high cost of living.... and it all complete B/S....It all GREED.... the Union worker knows he won't be rich but he also deserves a decent paying job so that he can afford all the things that we can live on.......

As for hiring more people at less cost..... Well it doesn't work that way ...... Our company rather give up and extra $2 for the Apprentices so that they can make over $16hr so that the Company doesn't get dinged on workers comp.... Workers comp believes if you have alot of low payed workers then they must not be very well trained or educated and those people will get hurt....Faster and easier.... It's a proven fact... check it out at the D.U.L (Dept of Labor)...

The American people should never give up for what so many people have fought and Died for.....

If it wasn't for the Unions, the American people would not have, Weekends, Holidays, and 8 hr work week .... Overtime....

Safety equipment, .....The big companys had their chance and they Fucked it up..... working kids to death back in the late 1800's early 1900's, why do you think the Unions became about.... Because Hard working Americans were getting Fucked by big company's.... just like know..... Did you know for every Dollar a Union member spends it generates about $4 into the economy....

I don't shop at Walmart, because they are a big Anti Union and in my opinion anti American Company.... People spend their hard working money and spend it on Chinese made crap that breaks very easy or that will kill you with lead paint.

What ever happen to protecting America's interest...I don't want to give my money to a communist country so they can get stronger and tell us to get screwed....

Be glad that you live in California were the workers rights are strong..... I have plenty of cases were so many illegals worked for prevailing wage job sites and were never paid... These workers by law were suppose to work for $50hr and they only received $10hr......Were did the money go? Into the the Greedy Bosses pockets!!!..... Until i came along...

Your asking yourself why the hell would the union organizer care about some damn illegals........ Well i care very much, not just Illegals but even non-union workers. that were screwed over, because now it makes Non union companys pay a fair price for all the jobs they do, with out cheating the worker......

In our local union we have about 300 big companys that work in the Bay Area.... And they all make money even though they have to pay us $60hr + benefits... This local has been around for a 106 years now... The reason i'm telling you this because the Big company's know there is money to be made even though they have to pay our prices..... we are not Greedy like Walmart,That pay millions of dollars every year on fighting to destroy workers rights instead of just paying up and having a happier worker, that most likely spend their money at the store anyways.... ...

2007 1st West Coast Regional Champ S/Max 157.3Db

2008 1st West Coast Regional Champ S/Max 158.8Db

2009 160db is my Goal!!!

Stetsom's West Coast Rep

Team Stetsom

most of this current crisis was due to negligent lending practices from the banks,and cc companies

07 mote carlo..

deh-p800prs hu-cdt gold 6.5's-cdt 6x9 2 ways-mcintosh mc431m(mids/highs)

bxi2608,2 10w7's in 4rth order(designed by pete k)ported into cabin via armrest cutout

dc power 260 amp alt-missing link module (15.4v)kicker 1/0 kit deka intimidator under hood

metered 141.0 @ 32hz windows down @ kick,termlab