98hoeonsixez "guess My What My Db Is Gonna Be" Game Thread

dammit steve lol you should have told me about the changable ports,ive heard that before that tahoez dont gain from "spl" ports,ohwell,if thats the case ill just leave the daily port in there and go to town like you lol.I saw on yours where it looked like you had bolts or screws in the rear,i figured (or maybe i read) that you had swappable ones also.

And the "game" or this whole thread is about "guess what my db is gonna be" and the parimeters are "driver door open,termlab in the kick,playing a peak tone-whatever that may end up being)and if whoever guesses the exact db number of what my tahoe ends up doing,ill buy them lunch ,you know just something fun to do lol. whats yours tuned to btw?lower than that im assuming?i was thinking about having a few different ones made to see which one is the loudest. .maybe you have already testted thiss?what did you come up with bro?

jprice

oh and im not sure who is sanctioning the even,i think its dbdrag. .not 100% positive tho

an escalade peaks around 36hz so i assume yours wont be to far off so tuning to 50 hz wont do much try tuning lower like 30-33hz so your box will peak around the peak of the truck just some suggestions but im sure your trucks peak has changed since you added the box in the back

Roseville, CA

• 2 weeks later...

You ever meter this yet?

Head Unit: Pioneer DEH-P6000UB

Sub Amp:American Bass VFL 500.1

Subs: 4 Fi BL 18's

Enclosure:21.5 Cubic foot flat wall tuned to 40 hz

Batteries: 3 Kinetik 2400's in the back, Kinetik 1200 under hood.

Mids & Highs: 4 Kicker DS 6.5 coax in doors, 2 Kicker DS coax in pillars

Highs Amp: Kicker kx250.2, kx100.2

Wire: 4 Runs 1/0 gauge Knukonceptz

yeah i did,well sorta,I didnt go full tilt on it because still breaking the woofers in (its just been sitting at the shop for a while with no play on it really) just trying to be easy on it for the time being until everything is fine tuned and going strong.but the score was a 155.8 with a decent amount of knob left at 46 hrtz peaking in the truck.So i guess untill i get it metered again after everything is broke in and i really hammer on it ill buy the guy lunch that guessed that.

With all that being said,Im very pleased with the score,even if it dont get any louder im happy,it freakin knocks and i havent full tilted it yet.Ill start a new game thread for the "after break in/full tilt/hold nothing back" score lol.

thanks for playing everybody.

yeah i did,well sorta,I didnt go full tilt on it because still breaking the woofers in (its just been sitting at the shop for a while with no play on it really) just trying to be easy on it for the time being until everything is fine tuned and going strong.but the score was a 155.8 with a decent amount of knob left at 46 hrtz peaking in the truck.So i guess untill i get it metered again after everything is broke in and i really hammer on it ill buy the guy lunch that guessed that.

With all that being said,Im very pleased with the score,even if it dont get any louder im happy,it freakin knocks and i havent full tilted it yet.Ill start a new game thread for the "after break in/full tilt/hold nothing back" score lol.

thanks for playing everybody.

I would be happy with that score, but you don't have to "break" them in. They will either take it or not :)

Head Unit: Pioneer DEH-P6000UB

Sub Amp:American Bass VFL 500.1

Subs: 4 Fi BL 18's

Enclosure:21.5 Cubic foot flat wall tuned to 40 hz

Batteries: 3 Kinetik 2400's in the back, Kinetik 1200 under hood.

Mids & Highs: 4 Kicker DS 6.5 coax in doors, 2 Kicker DS coax in pillars

Highs Amp: Kicker kx250.2, kx100.2

Wire: 4 Runs 1/0 gauge Knukonceptz

Archived