Dat 2500.1 + Lvl4 18's In A Probe

thanks to all for the kind words etc, im on my phone and its a pain to quote so ill just say it in general

any updates ?

besides what i said earlier no. ill get some more done and some pics to complement tomorrow, right now i just got back from prom...

Well... worked a pretty long time today, got a little done. ill just show the pics and let them do most of the talking

Posted Image

You can pretty easily see why it is a bad idea to make your own router circle jig, but I guess it did get the job done.

Posted Image

This is what happens when you try to have too many projects going on in a small space

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

the gf chillin in the box...

Posted Image

random port pieces

Posted Image

glued/glassed in a 45

Posted Image

it was around this point that I realized I was needing to attach some boards face to face.... and wouldn't be able to screw them together, which is a problem to say the least.

But, I managed to get the biscuit cutter out and get the angles somewhat right

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

view from the rear. It isn't screwed down yet, but this is about how it will look

Posted Image

Posted Image

I did run into a bigger slight problem than the port not going together though... the box doesn't fit, or atleast the hatch won't close rather. I built the flat part at the top a bit too long. Thankfully I realized I might have that problem while designing the box, so I already have a plan to fix it. (obviously I am pushing the limits of boundaries in all directions) Unfortunately, it got too late for tonight, as its past the point I can use loud power tools...

great looking box man

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

just take the back of the seats out they are useless anyways move the box forward and then you can put up to 6 batts at the rear of the hatch hope this helps

while you are partially correct, that would go away from part of the goals i had for this build. i already had to build the box a few inches further out than i orriginally wanted to, and i now have it about an inch further, so moving it any more is out of the question.

though i only have a person back there once a month or so, i still want to be able to do it. more importantly, im a kid about to go to college... i need room to carry some stuff.

ill have about an hour and a half to work today after practice before i go to work so ill see what i can get done.

always had a thing for probes since i learned how to drive manual in one.

Interesting design but it looks like it would work well, and nice gear you got.

yea, but interesting is about all i could come up with

and thanks

great looking box man

i appreciate it. the port secion now looks pretty ugly, but it should get the job done.

lookin good bro i was gonna put 18 18s in my probe but then i had a dream of the back hatch blowing off so i stopped lol

I know a lil about everything so dont call me Mr. Know it All.

Archived