Sundown Audio

Hifonics 2010 Models Underated?

eliassami5

OK, so you are trying to figure if its "possible" with optimal conditions.

I am not sure if the BXI amps have a regulated or unregulated power supply though.

BTW, I have a for sale thread for my Maxximus.

yeh i know, i saw the sale thread. Dont have that kind of money nor the use for it lol...maybe one day :)

DSC06330-1.jpg

91' Jeep Cherokee - The Heep

Just Empty Every Pocket

96' Volvo 960 - The B◘x

[sPL_4_U]

HiFonics - Alpine

Pioneer - Clarion

Infinity - Kicker

KnuKonceptz

how can people say what they are and arent doing with out testing every one? i have heard a lot of people say that hifonics doesn't do rated power is it easy to test them? got bass has a bxi 2008 and says it does its power and if its not im very impressed. how can we find out?

REST IN PARADISE BIG RICH (Sqmonte) never forgotten

Why do you guys ALWAYS dispute on NUMBERS?????

It's such a played out argument, so fucking annoying....

It's 12 fuckin 15's.... It's louder than you... Shut the fuck up...

/Rant

:)

I'm so jealous, it makes me want to club baby seals. That shit gets down HARD!

dont buy from knowledge he will scam you.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/30995-official-knowledge-feedback/

Im pretty sure these amps there is nothing different from the 2006, 2007, 2008 models of the amps.

They all seem to run the same board and if the 2010 is like the older ones, all thats changed is a new heatsink design.

As said by Ed, the fuse size literitly means nothing.

You brought up the 40001bd for example, these amps are so far underated that they exceeded the 400amp fuse rating and are proven to do this power.

You can look at stetsom with their small fuse ratings which puts competitors in lower classes (depending what format they compete in) but yet if you do the math these amps excede the fuse ratings by a lot.

maybe hifonics knows what people say about the amps not doing rated power, so they rate the amp at a higher rating trying to get more people to think, hey this new amp has a bigger fuse, it must do more power and try to get back some old or more new customers.

by all means if you like the amp buy it, then buy yourself a clamp meter and see what this amp will do with a non clipped signal with a constant 14.4 volts @ 1 ohm.

but me, id just go buy a audioque for less money and be guarenteed to have it do rated + power :)

could use a voltimeter and an ac ammeter for most accurate results

or the poor mans way of playing a 60hz test tone, measuring the AC voltage, and using some maths and your impedance to figure the output

edit: so i dont post whore, bangin caddy, t4k has a 500amp fuse, so its 4000-4800 rms's arent anything physics defying...4800 watts on 400amp fuse would raise some questions...on a 500 amp fuse its almost expected

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC

how can people say what they are and arent doing with out testing every one? i have heard a lot of people say that hifonics doesn't do rated power is it easy to test them? got bass has a bxi 2008 and says it does its power and if its not im very impressed. how can we find out?

Theres lots of people that ran many of these bxi and txi amps and tested them, not jsut this forum but between roe, ca.com, here, termpro etc theres many reviews on many things if you search

bxi2600 was before maxxonics buyout? amirite? like way before when they were still reputable? back when they made like the 2700$ europa and stuff?

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC

bxi2600 was before maxxonics buyout? amirite? like way before when they were still reputable? back when they made like the 2700$ europa and stuff?

i dont now abaut that , but its strong i did 143.6 with 2 audio pipes 15 :rofl:

02g power wire

sundown saz 3500

digital desing 95F

selenium

mechman alt. 250 amp

na the one in the pic is the 08 model i believe

DSC06330-1.jpg

91' Jeep Cherokee - The Heep

Just Empty Every Pocket

96' Volvo 960 - The B◘x

[sPL_4_U]

HiFonics - Alpine

Pioneer - Clarion

Infinity - Kicker

KnuKonceptz

Archived