Fiberglass On Steel

Technically the proper way to do it is to cut out any rust and weld or panel bond new metal in. If it's a pinhole, or smaller than a quarter, fill it with fiberglass, let it dry, sand, fill it again, then use a lightweight filler.

2 - Audiopipe AP30001Ds

1 - Lanzar Opti Scion 600.4

4 - Lanzar Optidrive 1232D's

1 - Lanzar Opti 5.1

1 - Lanzar Opti 6.1

1 - Lanzar Opti 6C midbass

1 - Alphasonic PCT6551

1 - Lanzar VX830

1 - JBL 22 band EQ

1 - Lanzar SDBT75NU

1 - AudioControl Epic160

i have a hole in my trunk... if i was to clean it up would i fiberglass over the hole?

The fiberglass should adhere to the metal without issue as long as is is roughed up really good and cleaned well before the application.

"I don't bullshit. I do what I say & say what I mean."

Final_TopKick_Soundstream-1.jpg

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2925230

http://www.armoredhaulin.com

i would weld it but i think when i go to weld it ill find a bigger hole becasue its right were hte bottom of the trunk bends towards the tail lights

1998 gmc extd cab

12 crossfire C710s

4 SAZ-4500s

3 Singer 400A alts
buncha mids/highs

Team Asshole

Don't do it.

Fiberglass is not meant to adhere to metal AT ALL.

If anything, I'd JB weld the hole if it's not too small, or use a patch of metal to JB weld to the hole.

That's last resort. Fiberglassing doesn't even make the list of possible solutions, you can either weld a patch on, or JB weld.

Again, just don't do it with glass. :01nocomment8so:

userbar651078zu3.gif

MECP_SMALL.jpgCERTIFIED BITCHES!!!

Not being new at something doesn't mean anything. Just because a prostitute isn't new at what she does, doesn't change the fact that she still 'sucks'

Click to see my build!

Proud DC owner

I know of alot of people that have fiberglassed over metal and filled holes in the battery trays in VWs, they all worked great. I used a road sign to fix mine...I mean a piece of sheet metal I found...on the side of the road...on a post :)

1990 Jeep Cherokee 4X4

Pioneer DEH-P2900MP, Big 3 done in 1/0, 1 run 1/0 ran to amp

DAT HF1000.1 #007 powering a DC lvl4 15

DAT HR 4085 prototype powering 2 Selenium 6s and 2 no name tweeters running active

1st place in AS3 @ Surf City Sound Off, 140.8 @ 45hz @ the headrest.

rebuild coming soon to get a better score :)

"I regard the brain as a computer which will stop working when its components fail. There is no heaven of afterlife for broken down computers; that is a fairy story for people who are afraid of the dark."

I've never had a problem glassing a piece of metal.. I usually pop - rivit a patch over it after it's nice and clean/rust free.... Then scuff the SHIT out of it, like with a porcupine, then lay a little glass mat patch over it to protect against weather and what-not.

Check out StoneSounds to see my recent builds.Or look at the Flying White Facebook Page!

Archived