What are somethings that can help get a lil extra hp out of a honda civic with the b16a2. I am not really to familar with them since i was raise up around the small block and big block chevys so now that i have the lil four banger what are somethings that can be done to make it a lil quicker? The only mod i know the car has is a short ram intake, with a k&n filter other than that it is stock for the most part. You can refer to the show off section for some pix of my car.

RF Punch 40x2RF Punch 100x2RF Punch 200x2RF Punch 200x2RF Punch 400x4JL Audio 10W7-3"but its only a 200 watt amp tho"

Pistons

Cams

Turbo Kits

Hearders (N/A app. though)

Intake manifolds

Air intakes

Just pm me I can tell you a lot of shit.

Edited by Mr. 973808

THE GRADUATE 10:18:2007

What are somethings that can help get a lil extra hp out of a honda civic with the b16a2.

Guys, He's asking about getting a lil bit more power, not doing an engine rebuild.

First the famous question has to be answered...what do you want the car to do, or how do you want it to perform different. There are several items that you can put on the car and get a little bit extra power and not break the bank. As soon as you start talking about cams, turbo's, pistons...you'll start investing a lot of money in the car and only you can answer if it is worth it or not. Bottom line, in order to get power you need to ingredients, fuel and air. You can keep adding air all day long, but if you don't have the fuel to burn, you won't get the power. So being that you already have a short ram intake, i'd look for some type of programmer.

My honest opinion (take it for what it is worth), you can definately get some more hp out of that motor, but no matter how much power you get out of it, at the end of the day it will still be a 4 banger. You can get it to leave the line a little quicker, but a 4 bangers sweet spot is in the top end, not the bottom end. Dealing with small/big blocks, you probably already realize this. So then you have to ask yourself, how much money is worth dumping in a 4 banger?

2k6 Dodge Ram 2500...CUMMINS POWERED - SOLD

Hey now, some of us like them 4 bangers.......

my suggestion is....you already have the intake, go get your exaust done and maybe a header or something. You want to make a race car out of it do some of the above "advanced" mods but for just a little more pep the exaust and intake is the first thing id do.

All SMD products + MORE available at my store here! https://wccaraudio.com/ 
wc2022-red-black-whitebg_1667625898__08138.original.png.02e514af82dce531edf1aa4a36851c60.png

Subscribe to My Youtube Channel! Over 1,000,000 subscribers strong! Turn on your notifications!
http://www.youtube.com/meade916

Follow My Instagram! Daily live feeds from the shop, exclusive content way before it hits my Youtube channel...and little squares with photo's in them :D
http://www.instagram.com/meade916

The Official SMD Facebook fan Page
https://www.facebook.com/SteveMeadeDesigns/

Follow my Tweet (Twitter)
http://www.Twitter.com/meade916

Hey now, some of us like them 4 bangers.......

my suggestion is....you already have the intake, go get your exaust done and maybe a header or something. You want to make a race car out of it do some of the above "advanced" mods but for just a little more pep the exaust and intake is the first thing id do.

like meade stated the first thing is new header. ( just the header swap alone will give you around 13-17 more horses)that is for starters . also grab yourself a JEGs and Summit parts book and started upgrading from there

headers, exhaust, cold air intake. And maybe find somone that can play with your ecu. I got another 22hp out of having a cold air intake, exhaust and tuning the ecu. I will be ordering headers soon.

System Specs:

Alpine SWR-1542D 15" sub

Sealed Subwoofer Box

MTX mxa 6001 Class D 774watts RMS @ 2ohms

MTX Bass Knob

Pioneer 6.5's in doors

MTX Thunderdome 6x9 in rear

Stinger 1 Farad capacitor

80 amp stinger fuse

BIG 3 in 4 gauge wire

4 gauge power/ground wire

JVC MP3 CD Car Deck (KD-G320)

12 gauge Monster speaker wire to Sub

16 gauge Stinger speaker wire to doors

Stinger Gold Plated Battery Terminals

ha ha ha..... i need to show you what an inline 6 can do. You'll never go back to a 4.

But there aren't many 6 bangers that are affordable or have many upgrades as a 4 banger would have. But that's just my opinion.

THE GRADUATE 10:18:2007