What I meant by easy install was that to a diy'r the install manual is easy to understand ,compared to DEI products if you haven't been installing for awhile its not friendly, beside look at other forums and this one and 75% of problems are with DEI products , I'm not saying they suck but are over priced , I have a viper on my truck and an autopage on my van , and I would take the autpage anyday! more onboard relays d2d connection to idatalink moduals is unmatched compared to DEI and bypasskits . Customer service spits on DEI ,try calling DEI and tell them you are not one of their dealers they will cut you off like you had swine flu!!!! I deal with both and sell both , I just let the customers choose, but I'm just giving and opinion here like the guy asked,

What I meant by easy install was that to a diy'r the install manual is easy to understand ,compared to DEI products if you haven't been installing for awhile its not friendly, beside look at other forums and this one and 75% of problems are with DEI products , I'm not saying they suck but are over priced , I have a viper on my truck and an autopage on my van , and I would take the autpage anyday! more onboard relays d2d connection to idatalink moduals is unmatched compared to DEI and bypasskits . Customer service spits on DEI ,try calling DEI and tell them you are not one of their dealers they will cut you off like you had swine flu!!!! I deal with both and sell both , I just let the customers choose, but I'm just giving and opinion here like the guy asked,

Meh, I think directed is easy to install, if you get to a vehicle you never installed on enough and dont remember factory wires simply goto direcTechs and print your vehicle info..

As for the customer service, I must agree, Even when you are a dealer and you got to call thema bout a problem, your sitting on hold for a good 30 minutes. LOL

But if your some joe the plumber that bought you alarm off ebay and have no idea what you doing and you call them and they dont help, is mainly because they want their alarms installed by pros. Ill agree its not right, but its them protecting their company imo.

What happens when some joe the plumber buys his directed from fleabay, installs it himself in his manual vehicle, and fucks up his remote start, gets some help from Directed and everything seems fine.

The next morning he goes out to start his car and his car starts and runs over some kid walking too school.

The other thing Im still uncertain about is the move to the internal shock sensors, I dont think its the best move, but it seems like it works fine.

I've installed ALOT of DEI and Autopage... I prefer the DEI products.. the python 991 1 mile range vs the autopage rs1000 i think the python is much better.. it doesnt have a color screen but the response time and the remote feels like it is made of much better quality.. it does have about 8 different back light colors as well.. Install seems is way easier as well.. the Python has the antenna, led, and valet switch all built into 1.. which makes install alot easier.. you dont have to drill a hole for your led and u dont have to find a place to mount ur valet switch.. and the led is really bright.. i thought i would need to add one since it mounts to the window but it lites up the entire front half of my car blinking blue..

Also reasons why i prefer the dei(python) is the remote start features.. python has virtual tach and voltage sense.. which makes install easier and usually you will not have to run a tach wire..

Autopage has a "voltage sense" feature.. but really it does not help out much at all.. when you put the autopage in voltage sense mode you have to manually set crank time.. which makes voltage sense pointless in my opinion. so if your engine is cold and requires the starter to crank longer.. and ur crank time is too short.. ur car wont start.. Dei's smart tach has proven to work flawlessly in about 95% of my installs.

I also love the internal shock sensor.. as long as the brain is mounted in a fairly stable location it seems to work good.. the reason i like it the best is because it enables you to adjust the shock sensor sensitivity through the remote.. rather than having to crawl under the dash and manually adjust it like autopage..

The siren from Dei is also MUCH smaller.. like 50% smaller.. which makes install much easier in my opinion.. plus its 6 tone.. vs autopages 1 tone..

last list of cool features of dei... remote shows countdown on remote start runtime... has feature to start vehicle if battery voltage drops lower than specified.. also has feature to start vehicle based on temperature..

But... thats enough for now.. any questions feel free to ask me...

alright i think i saw someone here selling some cheap viper alarms once on a thread im gonna look for it to see if i he still has some

i have this BNIB viper for sale, if you wanna check it out. here's the topic link ($230)

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...mp;#entry674831

TNCB

....my damn room was shaking, im like wtf is this how am i gonna die jakin off to vida guerra?

BIG difference between the new thin pagers w/out LCDs.

Not necessarily, DEI is putting out some pretty slim LCD remotes now. Take for instance the 7901 HD. That little bastard is pretty damn impressive.

userbar651078zu3.gif

MECP_SMALL.jpgCERTIFIED BITCHES!!!

Not being new at something doesn't mean anything. Just because a prostitute isn't new at what she does, doesn't change the fact that she still 'sucks'

Click to see my build!

Proud DC owner

Archived