Sonic Electronix

Ok so I get my amp from db-r yesterday and it smelt like SHIT. I mean a horrible horrible HORRIBLE smell but thought it would be from his shop or something. Well I hooked it all up with 1/0 wiring and 12awg to my subs. I played for about 20mins with gains about 1/2way no bass boost or anything. Voltage was staying at 13.3-13.8v. After about 30secs the first time I went back to check everything and it was all cool to the touch an then checked 5mins later and the same. I then decked when I was done about 5-10mins later and the same. A friend comes over and wants to hear it so he pops his cd in and not 5seconds into the song I hear popping through my door speakers then a huge cloud of white smoke in my mirror! I first snatched the keys out and ran to the back...smoke pouring out of my port. Mind you it was perfect about an hour before. I then looked inside the amp and it looks like the coils unwrapped but the coils on my subs look ok but I hope they didn't get messed up but why smoke out of my port and box if amp is bad or could it be both? imhighly pissed right now because I just spent a ton of money and can't afford to buy it all again because I am only 16. I got the amp from db-r (refurb sundown1200d) and I have 2 DC level 3 12"s

Breaking in a sub is like breaking in your girl before you pound her....

i have no clue whyit happened . but this is why i do not buy anything refurbished PERIOD! hope it all gets worked out.

REST IN PARADISE BIG RICH (Sqmonte) never forgotten

Why do you guys ALWAYS dispute on NUMBERS?????

It's such a played out argument, so fucking annoying....

It's 12 fuckin 15's.... It's louder than you... Shut the fuck up...

/Rant

:)

I'm so jealous, it makes me want to club baby seals. That shit gets down HARD!

dont buy from knowledge he will scam you.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/30995-official-knowledge-feedback/

Sounds like your amp took a crap and sent a good 'ol DC voltage spike to your woofers, hopefully it didn't last long enuf to destroy those voice coils

'05 escalade - now for sale :(

'96 civic hatch - 4 Sundown SA-8's on an Aq2200d

TL numbers coming soon

'00 suburban - 4 AQ sdc2.5 15's on 2 Aq2200d's

153.1db @ 40hz / 150+db on music

now retired

I think before you come on here posting this you should have contacted db-r. Chris has one of the highest reputations for fixing amps to better then new standards. I am sure he will stand behind his warranty.

What ohm coils do you have?

TeamSundown-3.jpgTeamNemesislogo.jpg

If you build it, db's will come...

NSPL World Record Holder Trunk 0-1800 watts---147.9 with 1722 clamped watts @ 40Hz(9-20-09).

Competition Only Record Holder Trunk 0-500 watts---148.1

2006 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE

Currently Rebuilding....

My 150db Plus Trunk Build

I do box designs.

[benH] 6:24 pm: clipping doesn't really hurt subs

[benH] 6:24 pm: being an idiot is what blows subs