Sonic Electronix

First time being on a meter in a number of years. King of dissapointed in the results, though there is some stuff I know that is keeping the score down.

Windows down with car on, sensor on the windshield, I played some test tones off of a Bass Mekanik cd. I was averaging a 150.3 from 35hz to 45hz. Windows up the highest was a 147.6. Charging was just from my alt and was doing a bunch of burps.

Tried a Usaci street beat style run, and only did a 144 with the sub level on my deck turned all the way down (first run i tried, forgot it was down low), tried it with level at my normal setting and he screwed up the start, so we just tried burps after that.

My port is on the passenger side (don't ask, had originally planned to put it on the drivers side). This is from before it was all the way sealed up. Box is 14 cubes, 35hz tuen, 192" of port.

wallshot.jpg

wallof18s.jpg

More power, bigger alt, another d3100, maybe some more port area, are probably in my future. This thing does such awesome hair tricks, I thought it would be louder.

2001 Chevy Impala

Eclipse CD7200 mkii

Cactus Sounds 5kw

Sundown 100.4

(2) Fi BTL 18s (walled)

ID 6.5s (2 sets)

Iraggi 320 amp Alt

XS Power Batts

KnuKonceptz Wiring

MidwestSPL Scores:

152.0 Advanced 2

136.1 Extreme 3

Damn man, sorry to hear that. Looks like its louder than that as well. My truck does 144.8 street style and 150.4 on burps. Kinda diapointed me as well, I kinda said screw the meter im happy with it.

Team Deadly Hertz

1997 GMC 1500

Update....

System is gone

Motor is fucked

Truck is down and out for a while

Myspace

YOUTUBE

My Build

Port on drivers side, more power? alt? and more port area. :) If your happy with it no need to change for the meter.

Vehicle: 1997 S10 Blazer 4dr 4X4

Exterior: Rear End Bagged, Black Grill, Lifted 2"

Amplifiers: Rockford Fosgate T8004 & T10001bd

Batteries: 2 Stinger SPV35, Kinetik HC2400

Electrical: Big 3, DC Power 290amp Alternator w/ MLA at 15.5v

Enclosure: 4.2 ft³ @ 33Hz 84sq.in. of port (20sq.in. per cube)

Headunit: Eclipse CD3200 w/ 80G iPod

Mids/Highs: Rockford T152s (a-pillars), Rockford T162s (doors)

Subwoofers: 1 15" Fi BL Fully Loaded

Wire: All 1/0g Kicker Hyperflex

My YouTube Videos

My Fiberglass A-Pillar Build

My "Seamless" Looking Box Build

My DD1508 T-Line Bandpass Build "Seamless" w/ Acrylic Windows (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Stealth 8" Fiberglass Build (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Build For A Friend's '08 Cobalt 15" BL Sealed Off From The Trunk

My feedback/references...

I wouldn't reccomend adding any more port area, if anything less. I would put the port on the drivers side like you said though. That is probably worth a db or two in it's self. I would try a smaller box size too but this is all just my opinion. Maybe something in the 10 cube range with 130-135 sqin of port. I would almost bet that would be much louder than the size that you have now, but unless you try it we'll never know.

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz

This is just my daily driver. I would say I'm content right now. I won't be able to do much upgrading tell early next year probably, but my goal is to be able to do a 150 with music (windows up or down). Probably would be damn close or there with the port on the drivers side. Don't want to build for metering, just the loudest daily groundpounding I can.

I'll probably just go up to 5kw or 6kw, shrink the box size down a bit and try to tune a bit lower as well.

2001 Chevy Impala

Eclipse CD7200 mkii

Cactus Sounds 5kw

Sundown 100.4

(2) Fi BTL 18s (walled)

ID 6.5s (2 sets)

Iraggi 320 amp Alt

XS Power Batts

KnuKonceptz Wiring

MidwestSPL Scores:

152.0 Advanced 2

136.1 Extreme 3

• 3 weeks later...

looks good man. a little more power, alt, and put the port on drivers side and you should be golden.

i was thinking leave the 12 sitting in the box in the hole and duck tape from the bottom of the sub to the bottom of the baffle so the sub doesnt free air. would that work?

btw, do you have any build pics of this?

i was thinking leave the 12 sitting in the box in the hole and duck tape from the bottom of the sub to the bottom of the baffle so the sub doesnt free air. would that work?

Archived