Sundown Audio

I got a little testing done. These are "unofficial" results. Until I use Jacob's equipment I won't consider it official. I did not use peak hold on my meters (and yes they are true rms). Instead I recorded my 3 meters all in real time with my camera reading ac voltage output, ac amperage output, and dc voltage input at the amplifier. Then I slowly rolled into the volume to prevent spikes and held it for 5 seconds so the readings could level off.

Results:

2,318watts @ 2.9ohms after rise @ 13.7v after drop.

4,040watts right around 1ohm after rise dropping to 11.3 volts.

Again, these were not peak hold measurements and these are unofficial results. I'll get some official results from Jacob's equipment on Monday or Tuesday. That way all our testing will be uniform from the same meters.

teamnemesissundown-1.jpg

I got a little testing done. These are "unofficial" results. Until I use Jacob's equipment I won't consider it official. I did not use peak hold on my meters (and yes they are true rms). Instead I recorded my 3 meters all in real time with my camera reading ac voltage output, ac amperage output, and dc voltage input at the amplifier. Then I slowly rolled into the volume to prevent spikes and held it for 5 seconds so the readings could level off.

Results:

2,318watts @ 2.9ohms after rise @ 13.7v after drop.

4,040watts right around 1ohm after rise dropping to 11.3 volts.

Again, these were not peak hold measurements and these are unofficial results. I'll get some official results from Jacob's equipment on Monday or Tuesday. That way all our testing will be uniform from the same meters.

In SPL Derrick was 1 dB up at 1 ohm vs. the 3000D!

We got similar numbers on my clamp at the shop:

3980 @ 0.25 rising to 0.65 @ 11.2v (engine on)

2050 @ 1 rising to 2.44 @ 12.2v (engine off)

- Jacob Fuller

- Owner, Sundown Audio

- Sundown Audio on FACEBOOK

- Please DO NOT PM ME -- use my email address -- [email protected]

Banner_468x60.jpg