I Want To Install An Alarm In My Car

I want to install an alarm in my 01 Impala. It was the factory alarm/passlock shit in it. Now my question is, would I need to buy something like the DEI GMDLBP GM DOORLOCK TRANSPONDER PASSLOCK BYPASS? How easy would it be if I wanted to install a cheap Viper alarm with that bypass unit? I have never installed an alarm before too.

DEI GMDLBP GM DOORLOCK TRANSPONDER PASSLOCK BYPASS

http://cgi.ebay.com/DEI-GMDLBP-GM-DOORLOCK...93%3A1|294%3A50

Cheap Viper Alarm (for now)

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-VIPER-350HV-CAR-AL...93%3A1|294%3A50

OR could that DEI thing work on a different brand like Autopage?

http://cgi.ebay.com/AutoPage-C3-RS-900-LCD...93%3A1|294%3A50

That alarm wouldn't be too difficult, but it really depends on how much you know about your car's electrical system, and how much experience you've had with electronics. If you don't know what most of those components in that kit are and what they do then I would recommend having a professional install it for you.

Installing an alarm is alot more than just the install manual telling you which wires to tap.

userbar651078zu3.gif

MECP_SMALL.jpgCERTIFIED BITCHES!!!

Not being new at something doesn't mean anything. Just because a prostitute isn't new at what she does, doesn't change the fact that she still 'sucks'

Click to see my build!

Proud DC owner

i would save up for a good alarm you will like and would definitely go for the two way pager then something cheap and have to replace it in a year.

Subs are like titties, They need to come in pairs because ones and threes are just wrong, and larger amounts will always draw a crowd, we all have our favorite sizes, but the bigger ones are more fun to watch move. :D

Words to live by.

i would save up for a good alarm you will like and would definitely go for the two way pager then something cheap and have to replace it in a year.

Why would you have to replace a cheap viper? I've had 10year old viper units come in that still function fine, the customers want them removed usually to put on a new vehicle. DEI products are top notch and last a long time...

-Installer for Duke's Car Stereo

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix - Ported Eaton M90 S/C, 3.5" pulley, XS Power Headers, 1.9 Rockers, FWI, Poly Motor Mounts, Custom Tune.

RF T1000-1bdCP and T400-4

Boston Acoustics SPG 555

Kenwood eXcelon 995

RF Punch 6.5" components and MB Quart Premium 6x9"s

Powermaster Alternator, YellowTop D34, Vmax CT1000

Why would you have to replace a cheap viper? I've had 10year old viper units come in that still function fine, the customers want them removed usually to put on a new vehicle. DEI products are top notch and last a long time...

I think he meant as far as "upgrading" your alarm. It's silly, but I've seen people do it because they needed something and didn't have the money for the better unit.

I agree with going with the best right away the first time unless it's not a big deal.

Need an install? Hit me up.
[email protected]

Got car audio questions? Check here first!
Everything you need to know. =]

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/83029-everything-you-need-to-know/

ide aas well go the right way the first time

894.jpgfrontbumper.jpgfunny.jpg

"never drive faster then your guardian angel flies... good think my guardian angel drives a twin turbo ed beast"

"its time has come for those who are different to stand united"

I agree with the rest of the guys, unless you want this alarm to be permanent, I would wait and get the one you really want. Like I say though, you haven't specified if you plan on settling with this specific alarm or not.

Not saying it isn't easy to go back and replace alarms, I'm just saying it's alot of hassle to go through 2 times in the same vehicle depending on if you do it yourself or have it done.

userbar651078zu3.gif

MECP_SMALL.jpgCERTIFIED BITCHES!!!

Not being new at something doesn't mean anything. Just because a prostitute isn't new at what she does, doesn't change the fact that she still 'sucks'

Click to see my build!

Proud DC owner

If you go from a directed unit to another directed unit all the harnesses are the same when you upgrade... might just have to add the remote start portion.

-Installer for Duke's Car Stereo

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix - Ported Eaton M90 S/C, 3.5" pulley, XS Power Headers, 1.9 Rockers, FWI, Poly Motor Mounts, Custom Tune.

RF T1000-1bdCP and T400-4

Boston Acoustics SPG 555

Kenwood eXcelon 995

RF Punch 6.5" components and MB Quart Premium 6x9"s

Powermaster Alternator, YellowTop D34, Vmax CT1000