Big Power Draw Guys.... Need Help....

Good and bad news the problem was how I wired up the Maxx Link. changed to A+ and B+ to amp 1 and changed C+ and D+ to amp 2.. Fixed the phase issue with that... Happy Happy......

Voltage was a issue but not a problem any more...

Bad news is came after I'm not ready to share it yet,

2007 Great Wall So Cool

4-12' RE audio MX's

Stetsom 7k2D

6-Batts

3-Mechman 250 amp Rhino's

No I haven't changed the Electrical Wiring yet. Just got the subs in phase..

I was resetting (Maxx link test tone) everything and found a problem with a amp... One amp needed the gain Turned up higher than the other to achieve the same out-put....

Didn't think much about it, finished the rest of the install. Was doing some testing and nuked a amp... :angry:

Brought in a electronics guy this morning to check it out. Found what he says is the root cause, it wasn't install error.

2007 Great Wall So Cool

4-12' RE audio MX's

Stetsom 7k2D

6-Batts

so what was it? Kinda got me wondering if strapping amps that are not designed to be strapped is a good idea. I'd like to try it so see if i get any more output but i don't work for a MTX dealer anymore so i would have to pay way too much to replace any of my equipment if it goes up in smoke.

2003 Ford F-150 Reg Cab layin body on 26's

2003 Tahoe 3/5 drop on 26's with a 408cid Supercharged engine.

2011 Camaro 2SS 2005 VW GTI Stage II ECU, CAI, 3" turbo back exhaust, FMIC, lowered 2" on some plastidipped 18's

2003 Hayabusa lowered, stretched, cams, nitrous and custom paint

told you so just kidding i am pretty sure it was not the maxx-links fault and sorry to hear about the amps man that sucks by the way what was the problem.

TEAM GROUNDPOUNDERS INC.

156.5 OUT THE TRUNK OF A 95 CADDY

W/1 SUB & 2AMPs

score done on a termlab mic in the kick

on the dash sealed was 154

groundpounders-sig-1.jpg

I had the rca's pluged into the Maxx link wrong, 1 amp and 2 subs were at 0 phase, and the other amp and 2 subs were at 180.... That is why it sounded like total crap...

got that fixed and then started testing , kept voltage no lower then 12.2V. and then pop, goes a amp, but it was the one that needed the higher sensitivity settings.

Smoked the fets, the tech guy came in this morning and did a once over on the amp, When he checked the one way diodes in front of the caps, 8 of the 4 of them were showing a open circuit... unscrewed the Hold downs and they fell off the heatsink and board. All three leads were broken on 4 of the 8. Not burnt, Broken, it looks as if after they were soldered they broke when they were bent over...

Edited by CR Boom

2007 Great Wall So Cool

4-12' RE audio MX's

Stetsom 7k2D

6-Batts