Sundown Audio

Amp Issue

ok, well i have my 7kd...and on saturday was bangin on it pretty hard no issue no smelly coils no clipping its good, on sunday i get in within 2 mins it shuts off, so i pull out my book and look at the blinking diagnosis problem thing my amp has....protect light then 3 power lights which means discharged battery...so im like thats fine (never happened before) ill just drive around for a while and try again...well still same problem....drove an hour and 30 mins 2k rpm the whole time...everytime it would play for about 40 seconds then shut off same thing...so i checked all my batteries resting and they are all resting at 12.4 volts which is ok right? what do you guys think the problem is? is there anything i can try? i dont really wanna have to borrow an amp for this weekened but if i have to i will

My F-150 Build

GET ON THE BANDWAGON

loganberry44.gif

DSC01482-1-1.jpg

what if they tried messing with the amps when the subs werent louder :ehh: hahah jk :pardon:

is that 12.4 sitting at charging with the system off, or with everything including the car turned off?

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

Disconnect all your batteries and check each battery seperatly.

You may have a bad battery in your bank, and testing all batteries at once when they are all daisy chained together isnt going to show a bad battery.

Other then that, put the batteries on a real charge, not a charge from your alternator.

Then try it out again

can you take it to autozone to do a test on it? it could be your batt went bad... does it sit mid 13s low 14s with car on? i do think autozone does a free test if you bring it in

Team DC Audio

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

im not saying that bro, i would just go get your batts checked to see if they have bad cells

Team DC Audio

so if 1 battery out of my 4 total is bad then it could cause the amp to go into protect?

It could cause a so to say a short or a bad discharge thru out all your batteries. It can also fry your alternator.

Yes autozone can test your batteries for free, but their little rinky dink machine aint nothing to brag about. and besides load testing a battery with the little 80 or 100 amps their tester does is nothing compaired to the size of your batteries output. These things they use to test your alt and batts with are made pretty much for the basic everyday average stock electrical systems, not some big bitching setup :)