Adding Batteries And Big 3

I had a system in my s10 regular cab and ran a few alpine mrp 1000's and my stock burned up in a matter of hours without dropping voltage like crazy. Does adding a crazy load on a alt provoke it to break even without bad electrical? I never dropped below 13.89. I think this may just happen again. So just wait for the alternator and put a batt in the rear and i SHOULD have no worries?

2010 Silverado

18" DC XL 18

DC 2k

XS Power Batts

I had a system in my s10 regular cab and ran a few alpine mrp 1000's and my stock burned up in a matter of hours without dropping voltage like crazy. Does adding a crazy load on a alt provoke it to break even without bad electrical? I never dropped below 13.89. I think this may just happen again. So just wait for the alternator and put a batt in the rear and i SHOULD have no worries?

Yes, the excess strain on your charging system can cause something to fail. Either your alt or your amp will go. You can put in the system in and play it without the alt just don't pound on it for long periods of time before getting the electrical up to par.

2003 Ford F-150 Reg Cab layin body on 26's

2003 Tahoe 3/5 drop on 26's with a 408cid Supercharged engine.

2011 Camaro 2SS 2005 VW GTI Stage II ECU, CAI, 3" turbo back exhaust, FMIC, lowered 2" on some plastidipped 18's

2003 Hayabusa lowered, stretched, cams, nitrous and custom paint

ive got a stock batt up front and a marine in back off a 70 amp alt running a kac x1r at 1 ohm 1000wrms and i bump all day long and it aint crapped out on me yet

Team S.M.D.

Maritime Car Audio- (2) 18" SSA ZCON D1

- American Bass 500.1

- 60 ft of 3/0

-480 Ah of battery

- (2) stock alternators (70 +90)

- Kenwood Excelon x-794, 4v preouts

car audio is just a LOT more complicated than "this amp does this power" or "this sub will be this loud". its like 2 + 2 = banana. (if that confuses you then you get the point) lol

ive got a stock batt up front and a marine in back off a 70 amp alt running a kac x1r at 1 ohm 1000wrms and i bump all day long and it aint crapped out on me yet

how bad does it dim? and wouldn't that kill your alternator faster? especially two batteries on a 70A alternator.

*your mom* <- your mom is my signature! daaaaaaang!

Ok i think im going to wait still even if its till next summer then i can get my entire system going instead of just one level 4 15, Ill plan on getting a 275 amp dc alt, 2 level 4's, a few powermaster batts, and my mids and highs, volt meter, and i may get a mla so i can run a 15.5 volt system so i can get more out of the amp's. I just need around 1200 bucks. I already have the amp coming.

EDIT: Dc Power told me that just the stock car without system takes almost all of the power the alt makes. I dont want to fry the amp or subs.

Edited by fis10

2010 Silverado

18" DC XL 18

DC 2k

XS Power Batts

I don't think you will need to run a fuse between alt and bat +. Not mandatory at all. But i would definitely wait till your alt comes in before you push it. I was pushin a crunch 3000k on my stock alt, fried that shit in a day =(. Now i have that mechman 250 alt and running 2k (about 2200 actually).

I don't mean to double post, but I just caught the first part of the quote here. It's a bad idea to NOT fuse between alternator and battery. I highly encourage alternator to battery runs be fused, just in case.

I don't mean to double post, but I just caught the first part of the quote here. It's a bad idea to NOT fuse between alternator and battery. I highly encourage alternator to battery runs be fused, just in case.

Ok what fuse should i use for a 275 amp alt? Also what size for the 105 amp alt incase i actually decide to run it all off stock alt for a little bit.

2010 Silverado

18" DC XL 18

DC 2k

XS Power Batts

i have about 70a also with big3 and 3 batteries running a bd3000 and a 4 channel amp, no clipping no dimming. it all depends how everything is connected!

Edited by knowledge

REFF'S
My link
EBAY
http://feedback.ebay...ck&myworld=true
I love car audio so much because I will never be done. I can never win, and I will never get it finished or perfect. It always has me coming back for more, I can never get my fill of it, but I get what I need.

Ok what fuse should i use for a 275 amp alt? Also what size for the 105 amp alt incase i actually decide to run it all off stock alt for a little bit.

it depends on the size wire you use: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...?showtopic=1005

I'm running 1/0, so I have a 300A fuse between battery and alternator.

i have about 70a also with big3 and 3 batteries running a bd3000 and a 4 channel amp, no clipping no dimming. it all depends how everything is connected!

Whats your voltage look like at full tilt?

2010 Silverado

18" DC XL 18

DC 2k

XS Power Batts