k3n12ock Posted June 5, 2009 Report Posted June 5, 2009 This isn't the best but here's my first ever attempt at building a box. Continuing from my other 2 thread up to now http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=45889 http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=47129 Okay. So I'm sort of done gluing the majority of the box. Sad thing is, I've no jigsaw to cut out the subwoofer wholes Anyone have any idea on how I can cut them out sans jigsaw? BTW, here are some pics. Sorry for quality, used my cell to take the pics. Home Depot has this big ass machine they use to cut the 48x97 MDF, word. He kind of fucked up the edge by not cutting past said specs Etc. Etc. Pics Pre-glue After some glue Where do I go from here? No idea. I need to cut out the wholes for the subs and a whole or 2 for the wires. I hate being stuck like this. Wish I could go and buy a jigsaw but I've got no loot. More to come. 05 xB - (2) EVIL 18s - (2) BC3500s - NO WALL Channel 1: http://www.youtube.com/k3n12ock Channel 2: http://www.youtube.com/MrK3n12ock2
fosgate707 Posted June 5, 2009 Report Posted June 5, 2009 This isn't the best but here's my first ever attempt at building a box. Continuing from my other 2 thread up to now http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=45889 http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=47129 Okay. So I'm sort of done gluing the majority of the box. Sad thing is, I've no jigsaw to cut out the subwoofer wholes Anyone have any idea on how I can cut them out sans jigsaw? BTW, here are some pics. Sorry for quality, used my cell to take the pics. Home Depot has this big ass machine they use to cut the 48x97 MDF, word. He kind of fucked up the edge by not cutting past said specs Etc. Etc. Pics Pre-glue After some glue Where do I go from here? No idea. I need to cut out the wholes for the subs and a whole or 2 for the wires. I hate being stuck like this. Wish I could go and buy a jigsaw but I've got no loot. More to come. well what kind of sub are you putting and yes you would need a jigsaw to make the whole and how many subs are you putting Work truck. 94 s10 Hu: pioneer deh-2000 soon to be new deh-3200ub. Pg ryval 6.5 coxial sound xtreme 4.6. Orignal 4x10. Pg rsd1200.1 rsd. Cerwin vega vmax12.2 big 3 8guage wiring soon to be 0
k3n12ock Posted June 5, 2009 Author Report Posted June 5, 2009 well what kind of sub are you putting and yes you would need a jigsaw to make the whole and how many subs are you putting PBX 12's and 2 of them 05 xB - (2) EVIL 18s - (2) BC3500s - NO WALL Channel 1: http://www.youtube.com/k3n12ock Channel 2: http://www.youtube.com/MrK3n12ock2
k3n12ock Posted June 5, 2009 Author Report Posted June 5, 2009 And I still has no jigsaw I need a way to cob that bitch. 05 xB - (2) EVIL 18s - (2) BC3500s - NO WALL Channel 1: http://www.youtube.com/k3n12ock Channel 2: http://www.youtube.com/MrK3n12ock2
Boon Posted June 6, 2009 Report Posted June 6, 2009 Gah why do people always quote a whole post worth of pictures then add 1 line to the bottom @___@ You need either a jigsaw or a router to make the sub holes, Jigsaw being the cheaper and easier option. I've seen people try other ways and it ALWAYS ends badly. 10.x volts fo' life!
k3n12ock Posted June 6, 2009 Author Report Posted June 6, 2009 Gah why do people always quote a whole post worth of pictures then add 1 line to the bottom @___@ You need either a jigsaw or a router to make the sub holes, Jigsaw being the cheaper and easier option. I've seen people try other ways and it ALWAYS ends badly. Badly as in just looks or in a different way? 05 xB - (2) EVIL 18s - (2) BC3500s - NO WALL Channel 1: http://www.youtube.com/k3n12ock Channel 2: http://www.youtube.com/MrK3n12ock2
Basshead08 Posted June 6, 2009 Report Posted June 6, 2009 20 bucks will get you a black and decker jigsaw from wal-mart. System tear out has begun...Out with the old i have a iq of 128 i graduated at the top of my class tell me how im reatrded you are the 1 thats dumb as hell you can't even spell Look at the underlined text hahahahahahahaha I think of it as the virgin losing the virginity technique not just jumping in to it, and pounding away, but going at it slowly over time, to get to that full extreme
itssteve Posted June 6, 2009 Report Posted June 6, 2009 man you glued the sides on backwards, you might wanna fix that first edit nvm the left side is just shorter than it should be my bad TEAM NEMESIS my system 1) us amps MD3D, us amps md21 2) kicker solo x 12 in 2.7ft^3 at 37hz Meca scores 1 xxx12" 141.8db at 40hz, 1 18 rd alpha v.2 145 db at 38hz , 2 12 orion hp 144.9 at 43hz Refs: hollatchaboy, schrummy, nitro_freak1,Brandon15zzz,Hellbound Train
Boon Posted June 6, 2009 Report Posted June 6, 2009 Badly as in just looks or in a different way? Badly as in looks like shit, works like shit, sounds like shit. Think drilling 200 holes in your baffle then hammering the middle out then trying to file/sand the lumps flat. 10.x volts fo' life!
Crump Posted June 6, 2009 Report Posted June 6, 2009 Did home depot charge you to do that? And i was wondering the same things about the sides. Is your baffle going to cover it? And the machine is a panel saw and they are the shit wish i had the $1500 needed for one Team gg Team doa Installs I have doneMy 2010 Rebuild 144 db so far....2 DC xl 10s Firing into cabin on a RF 25002 12" AQ HD's powered by a Saz 2k + Lots o Mids+Highs
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.