Sundown Audio

Ohm Load

deeje

If i wire 2 dual 1 ohm subs both with 1 set of coils connected and then run the other wires to a mono amp and i put them both in there own slots since it has 4 outputs am giving the amp a .5 ohm load because the amp wiring the connections in parellel internally?

--2004 Toyota 4runner

New Build Log

-2002 Acura Tl-S

Old Build Log

Team DC Audio

ttf.png

spl dust is an option you can get on the coils... it's great for extra 1000 watts of power

where can i get this spl dust and how much is it. is it hard to apply? lol

I wired it to a 1 ohm load but instead of connecting the wires before they get to the amp i have them both going to the separate outputs and all the gains and adjusts have only been about 1/8 the way

--2004 Toyota 4runner

New Build Log

-2002 Acura Tl-S

Old Build Log

Team DC Audio

ttf.png

spl dust is an option you can get on the coils... it's great for extra 1000 watts of power

what amp are you using? maybe a 2 ohm stable amp? what is your electrical system look like...

its quite possible that your electrical is frying your amps...

check all your wiring? GOOD ground in the back?

Edited by Army_guy614

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

A hifonics 1610D stable at 1 ohm i upgraded the big 3 and have a yellow top and my ground i peeled back all the carpet and grinded off the paint and its straight to the chasis

--2004 Toyota 4runner

New Build Log

-2002 Acura Tl-S

Old Build Log

Team DC Audio

ttf.png

1610 is a 1 ohm stable amp and if you wired it like in the link I posted for 1 ohm, it doesn't matter how you plug it into the amp. I would only guess if you aren't running pos to pos an neg to neg at the amp..unsure what it would do if you have something crossed up.

Only other thing to do is use a dmm and the charts listed here to set your gain at 1 ohm. I believe that amp is 40 for the dmm setting.

I'll let some of the more experienced guys help on this one. For starters, list you subs, how you have it fused, rca voltage from deck...anything you can think of that would help.

Someone here will know what it is, I think/hope

10501650_10203332501847103_1859383749711

Blown

It would be really nice if, just for once, somebody used the proper term... IMPEDANCE!!!

Principal

JTech Consulting - Leader in 12-Volt Training and Product PlanningIt's not about how much power you have, but how well you use it