Me too! :D

Team S.M.D.

Maritime Car Audio- (2) 18" SSA ZCON D1

- American Bass 500.1

- 60 ft of 3/0

-480 Ah of battery

- (2) stock alternators (70 +90)

- Kenwood Excelon x-794, 4v preouts

car audio is just a LOT more complicated than "this amp does this power" or "this sub will be this loud". its like 2 + 2 = banana. (if that confuses you then you get the point) lol

hey ya all!

I have been looking alot on this forum and on youtube, and i have seen alot of crazy videos with mad bass like steve meade, assman e.t.c

But if someone could like name some of the people that have or had the most mad system ever i would love it, cause i would like some more videoes to view. And i am pretty clueless when it comes to the top names of bass http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/01nocomment8so.gif

A list would be nice.

steve mick gos pretty hard

Team RipRock

mike and mark

R.I.P!

(Nov-29-2009)

92 explorer

- 4 Atomic Apxx 15s duel .7s - 4rth order bandpass wall -4 powerbass XA-3000D's - 16 8volt batts wired to 16 volts - (9+/9-) runs 0gauge - 152.3 Db @ 29hz

current build

97 chevy lumina4 - 1 Atomic Apx 18 - 6 cube slot port trunk sealed off - 1 powerbass XA-3000D - 2 optima G31s in spare tire18 1 run 1/0

In no way shape of form should gmonk be considered a legend. His shit is loud, buts its not his own creations. That would be like chicken calling himself an audio legend. Steve is the braun and brains behind the scene so the credit would go to the installer.

Ok. So lets not call Jeff Gordon a legend. He did not "build" his car all he did was drive it. Only a handful of singer write their own music. Lets not call them legends because they dont write it they only sing it and anybody can sing.

Car Audio + Bodyboarding/Longboarding = LIFE!!!

no offense to anyone, but to be a legend, you better have really done something really big or innovative or something mind-blowing, something really great.

some of the people listed above haven't done that in my opinion

lots of potential candidates though.

I'll agree with David and say that quite a few named are not legends and some are not even close. I'm not going to call of them out, but most of the newer guys are no where near legends.

Webster's says this about a legend: one popularly regarded as historical although not verifiable

On that note here are some of the legends I think should have been mentioned that have not yet.

Jamie Delapaz

Fred Wright Jr.- Team Eastgate Electronics, NSPL creator, owner, and director

Mike Barfield aka Dr. Bass

Alan Dante- a soon to be legend

Team Loud

Team Pure Sound

Tim Heath

Chris Norris

Team Hertz

Scott Van Riper

SCOTTIE JOHNSON- One of my fav's here, XS Power FTMFW!!!!!!!!

Eric Alexander

Carlos Rodriguez

Mike Jones

Ed Eason

L&M Electronics

Christof Vanstaen

Some of these men I do consider legends and some WILL be legends in time. Most of them are definately worthy of being mentioned in this topic. I also think that quite a few others that have been mentioned belong too, but for the sake of not repeating any of them I figured I'd add these to the list.

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz

• 2 weeks later...

Someone mentions Biggs, doesn't he work for JBL's R&D and he built that bad ass alpine car with the full custom paint and all fiberglass interior.

And Alma Gates is a pioneer in the industry with the Kicker builds but she's been gone for a while.

Gone as in from the hobby?

Too many projects, too little time...

Archived