Lights Pulsate, Noise When Car Is Running.

What's this for? I tried running a wire directly to my battery for the voltage regulator pos and that didn't even help. Now that I have the radio out of the mix, ima see what's going on with the alternator and get it tested. I still think it might be feeding some AC voltage love, not 100 percent sure.

Edited by lanman31337

2 - Audiopipe AP30001Ds

1 - Lanzar Opti Scion 600.4

4 - Lanzar Optidrive 1232D's

1 - Lanzar Opti 5.1

1 - Lanzar Opti 6.1

1 - Lanzar Opti 6C midbass

1 - Alphasonic PCT6551

1 - Lanzar VX830

1 - JBL 22 band EQ

1 - Lanzar SDBT75NU

1 - AudioControl Epic160

I got a couple spare head units if you need one to test jeff let me know. an older pioneer and an eclipse 8454 i can ship you one to test if you want .

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

I was thinking about borrowing one off of someone closer, but thanks for the offer nate. It's the only thing it can be. Like I said, with the MP3 player hooked right in, I get zero noise, car at accessory, car with ignition on, or car running. Unfortunately I don't have an oscilloscope or else I'd be able to tell right away what the deck is doing. I've been doing this stuff for a mighty long time, and this is the first I've ever seen something like this. Noise while running, noise thru the fuel pump, bad ground from the antenna, I've seen those millions of times, but I've never seen a deck do this.

Edited by lanman31337

2 - Audiopipe AP30001Ds

1 - Lanzar Opti 5.1

1 - Lanzar Opti 6.1

1 - Alphasonic PCT6551

1 - Lanzar VX830

1 - JBL 22 band EQ

1 - Lanzar SDBT75NU

1 - AudioControl Epic160

I know how to wire a relay and appreciate the info, but if I hooked it right up to the battery, i shouldn't have had any problems with anything, which leads me to believe that there's something wrong with the alternator itself.

2 - Audiopipe AP30001Ds

1 - Lanzar Opti 5.1

1 - Lanzar Opti 6.1

1 - Alphasonic PCT6551

1 - Lanzar VX830

1 - JBL 22 band EQ

1 - Lanzar SDBT75NU

1 - AudioControl Epic160

Brand of alt?

I've had similar symptoms with a particular HO brand, and although not the biggest problem in the world i'd like to know if there is anything i can do to fix it.

-Drew

detail.gifI am a United States Military Arts and Crafts Professional. Sand it off, Paint it on. detail.gif

uhoh_45 said:
dont be a pussy P give the jeep to drew

its because its a j-body. any attempt to make them loud causes them to self destruct.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Im not going to ask why your grounding a wire to your header/manifold.......

And dont go wiring a relay off your headunit for your regulator. All that is going to do is only allow your alternator to charge when your radio is on. but when its off its not going to charge the vehicle one bit..

Find a ignition wire under your hood a good place to look is the fuse panel under the hood.

Make sure its a ignition.

Wire your relay off the ignition, being sure to get power direct from your battery.

This way the ignition wire turns the relay on, the relay gets power from the battery, which turns the regulator on.

Connecting your positive wire to a ignition wire in the vehicle without a relay causes voltage varitation because the voltage is already going thru your entire car before comming to the regulator.

The only other way is to go direct off the battery and put a switch inline to turn your regulator on/off when you use your car, if you leave the regulator on tho when the car is off, chances are you will burn it up. :(

Im on my 3rd external regulated system, and no matter what I used for a ignition source I had to run a relay off a ignition wire to get rid of the flicker (3 different brand alts also).

Brand of alt?

I've had similar symptoms with a particular HO brand, and although not the biggest problem in the world i'd like to know if there is anything i can do to fix it.

-Drew

Excessive Amperage.

Im not going to ask why your grounding a wire to your header/manifold.......

And dont go wiring a relay off your headunit for your regulator. All that is going to do is only allow your alternator to charge when your radio is on. but when its off its not going to charge the vehicle one bit..

Find a ignition wire under your hood a good place to look is the fuse panel under the hood.

Make sure its a ignition.

Wire your relay off the ignition, being sure to get power direct from your battery.

This way the ignition wire turns the relay on, the relay gets power from the battery, which turns the regulator on.

Connecting your positive wire to a ignition wire in the vehicle without a relay causes voltage varitation because the voltage is already going thru your entire car before comming to the regulator.

The only other way is to go direct off the battery and put a switch inline to turn your regulator on/off when you use your car, if you leave the regulator on tho when the car is off, chances are you will burn it up.

Im on my 3rd external regulated system, and no matter what I used for a ignition source I had to run a relay off a ignition wire to get rid of the flicker (3 different brand alts also).

Got grounds to the transmission, to the body, and 2 runs to the back battery. Nothing on the header.

I would think hooking it up directly to the battery temporarily instead of an ignition source would eliminate anything. I had the initial ignition wire off of the ignition wire from my steering column. If anything, I'd pos and neg 85 and 87, 86 would go to my ignition wire in the steering column, and finally 30 to my regulator. Lemme give that a wirl, but I don't think that's going to change anything.

2 - Audiopipe AP30001Ds

1 - Lanzar Opti 5.1

1 - Lanzar Opti 6.1

1 - Alphasonic PCT6551

1 - Lanzar VX830

1 - JBL 22 band EQ

1 - Lanzar SDBT75NU

1 - AudioControl Epic160

• 2 weeks later...

Alternator was tested, it's bad diodes. So I'm getting some AC voltage love, which would explain the cooked radio :(

2 - Audiopipe AP30001Ds

1 - Lanzar Opti 5.1

1 - Lanzar Opti 6.1

1 - Alphasonic PCT6551

1 - Lanzar VX830

1 - JBL 22 band EQ

1 - Lanzar SDBT75NU

1 - AudioControl Epic160