So its come down to i serve 4 years active duty and 4 years reserve in order for the gov to pay for my college.

i want to be a cop and my idea is to go in and become military police, get a degree and come out and become a cop. this way i have exsperience a degree and id have the benefits of being a vet.

Now i always know there are pros and cons on this but the pros are starting to out number the cons and just wanted to know if anyone has had to make this choice before, or if anyone has ever thought of joining and went through with it.

I figure the navy would be the lease dangerous, but if im military police i may be sent on land to our barracks and such.

I know we have plenty of active members and vets on this forum so please anything is great.

Im meeting with an old friend tomorrow to talk to her about the whole thing, she is MP. And is on reserve right now. So she is going to help.

I just graduated june 6th and just turned 18 on may 31st, so this seems to be happening quick and i dont wanna jump in to anything without hearing tons of advice.

Thanks in advance guys.

sold everything

Danger is in any service.........While I respect ALL branches.......the Navy is the 2nd least respected unless you are a SEAL or Pilot.

Kudos on your service decision, and MP's is a good program, but promotion can be a bitch and you will probobly spend alot of time on land not at sea.

J

SMDMafiaGodsmack2.jpg

"No poor dumb bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He did it by making the other poor dumb bastard for his country."

George Patton

Don't forget about the fifth member of the armed forces...The Coast Guard...AKA Puddle pirates. LOL

We are right in the middle of creating a new rating for law enforcement and now is a great time to join.

We get the same basic pay, benefits, and allowances as the other branches. Along with the fact that advancement is pretty quick(at least in the enlisted ranks).

A half-wit gave you a piece of his mind, and you held on to it.

My Youtube vids...enjoyDC.jpgdcsig-1.jpg2pt8a6w.png

anythings possible with the right build =] we accept visa and mastercard =]

I have several friends in the coast guard.... I sorta wish I would have done it years ago. You pretty much stay in the U.S. , the likely hood of combat is super slim, and you are always gonna be near some sort of beach....

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser Voo Doo Blue

my upgrades and "build" thread.

My Kulicki Box Build

-Alpine 9887 head unit, KTX-100EQ imprint-( sound quality for dummies! ). - MB Quartz 3.5" in back pillars

-Sundown Audio SAX100.4 - JL Audio 3 way 6.5" component set XR653-CSi ( doors and dash )

-JL Audio 2 way Component set XR650CSi

- Alpine MRD - M1005 - Alpine Type - R 12" subs -- 2 - 12" s in a Pete kulicki designed box.

-Alpine High speed Ipod cable, and KCA-SC100 with Sirius sat. radio

-All wiring is Stinger 12 gauge and HPM Level 3 RCAs, KnuKonceptz Kolossus Power and ground and Big done in 1/0,

-270 sq. ft. of Damplifier Pro, 36 sq. ft. of Overkill Pro, 6 full sheets of Luxury Liner, and a gallon of spectrum-

-2 Powermaster D680 Powercells in back

FINALLY !!! I GOT IT METERED ON THE TERMLAB !!! I did a 140.2 at 42 hertz.

Shoehorn, BFH, forklift,duct tape and some zip ties

Don't forget about the fifth member of the armed forces...The Coast Guard...AKA Puddle pirates. LOL

We are right in the middle of creating a new rating for law enforcement and now is a great time to join.

We get the same basic pay, benefits, and allowances as the other branches. Along with the fact that advancement is pretty quick(at least in the enlisted ranks).

HAHAHA my friend wanted to join i should have callled him that lol but instead he went to the army.

That's why they don't deliver.

Yer ass better go sit along the side of the road and wait.

You can't expect them to travel up some dirt road in a hick / back woods town. Thats how horror movies start :D

I explain things very simply and use analogies in terms of Pickles, and grape drink, pool noodles and jackhammers...if you can't put 2 and 2 together there man, There simply is not much more I can do.

i did 5 yrs in the USMC but make sure that what u want to do cuz once ure in it u gotta finish it no matter how u like it. i had many Navy cats as homies and the navy chicks r kind hot for the most part tons of fun. if u stay here (US) it has its ups and downs but its however u make it. but to be honest if ure only joining to get ya college paid for active duty isnt what u want go reserve. pm me if u need more info.

I know a lil about everything so dont call me Mr. Know it All.