Holy Hell, Here Is The Multi-taskers Dream Cpu Coming Soon!

you actually do any of that kind of fun cooling or just talk about it?

Here in a couple weeks I will most likely finish buying what I need to start my chiller build... :01nocomment8so:

I had a cooler built by "chilly1" back in 05/06, it was a cascade setup, and if you have been in the game for a while, this was for the days of the HOT RUNNING AMD FX57 cpu. This was the only cooler that could run the FX57 @ 3.4GHz for more then 20min @ a time. Liquid Nitro, and all the copper pots i've owned in the past were fun, but DAMN! That shit gets expensive fast! SO, yes to your answer. Im a member over @ Xtremesystems, do you ever go over there? I've thankfully sold all that stuff at the end of last year, and begining of this year, and now just use watercooling solely for OCing.

I love my staffie :good:

So anti FACEBOOK it isn't even funny

I'am no comp geek, but wtf is threading and hyper threading?

I'am reading 1 thread now ( I know its nothing similar) but seriously?

Ive always wanted to build a custom computer, something that is faster, with better security, and graphics/audio/video/blueray

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

I'am no comp geek, but wtf is threading and hyper threading?

I'am reading 1 thread now ( I know its nothing similar) but seriously?

Ive always wanted to build a custom computer, something that is faster, with better security, and graphics/audio/video/blueray

hyperthreading is just a "logical" core that slaves of the pysical core to help it along and process an additional thread per cycle. This tech was out in 04/05 with the Northwood version of the P4 but was a complete flop. The way it was implemented in the P4 created WAY TO MUCH HEAT, and showed next to no advantage. Now with Core i7 it is a completely different animal and really can boost performance nicely depending on the app. Did this help ya?

gawsh, i really want to get that i7 now!!!

DD M4

Rockford Fosgate P500-4

SoundQubed HDC415 w carbon fiber cap

2 Rockford Fosagate T1675-S

XS Power D3400 Under Hood

XS Power D5100 in rear

Michael Singer 200A Alt

Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/153901-2012-veloster-update-842013-wall-build-4-15s/

I had a cooler built by "chilly1" back in 05/06, it was a cascade setup, and if you have been in the game for a while, this was for the days of the HOT RUNNING AMD FX57 cpu. This was the only cooler that could run the FX57 @ 3.4GHz for more then 20min @ a time. Liquid Nitro, and all the copper pots i've owned in the past were fun, but DAMN! That shit gets expensive fast! SO, yes to your answer. Im a member over @ Xtremesystems, do you ever go over there? I've thankfully sold all that stuff at the end of last year, and begining of this year, and now just use watercooling solely for OCing.

nice, sounds like some fun.

Yeup, Im over at xtremesystems occasionally. That and extreme overclocking. I posted a thread when I first got my air conditioner im going to use for the chiller when I first got it, but Im thinking that wasn't XS...

nice, sounds like some fun.

Yeup, Im over at xtremesystems occasionally. That and extreme overclocking. I posted a thread when I first got my air conditioner im going to use for the chiller when I first got it, but Im thinking that wasn't XS...

Oh, right on man! XS is a great community! Im assuming your going to make this a water chiller..........What temps are you hoping for LOADED?

Yea, I water chiller

Honestly I have no clue. I haven't really seen any ran on an i7 (that I know of) so im not quite sure what to expect. Seems that most people can get their liquid in the -20's to -30's with a chiller, so id atleast like to see that.

This will still be a bit off, I will be gone about a week and a half here soon, and I won't start buying the remainder of what I need till I get back. Then im sure you know how much work it is when you get below the dew point...