Sonic Electronix

if you lose hearing in the low range, wouldnt your sensitivity to high notes be increased? based on the fact that if you lose a sense (taste, touch etc) the other ones increase in sensitivity.

if you lose hearing in the low range, wouldnt your sensitivity to high notes be increased? based on the fact that if you lose a sense (taste, touch etc) the other ones increase in sensitivity.

Good theory, but I don't think the body differentiates hearing high pitch audible sounds and low pitch sounds as two different senses.

teamsundown-1.jpg

kranny...wtf @ your ava :blink:

i was thinking leave the 12 sitting in the box in the hole and duck tape from the bottom of the sub to the bottom of the baffle so the sub doesnt free air. would that work?

There's a thread about this somewhere.. steve said he had his hearing checked and its all G.

I recently had my hearing checked and its actually BETTER than it was 4 years ago :D

I read about that too, but still wondered what causes hearing damage. Your hearing is actually better? congrats bro! glad to hear something like that! I was a bit worried that I would have to have a hearing aid when I got a little bit older because og this SPL passion! :rolleyes: And I have noticed that the high pitches hurts the most, the bass is all GOOD :D and distortion, fuck that! some of my friends try to impress me with their system and crank it way up to way over the limit and it just sounds like a broken radio on high volume LOL! that makes my ears hurt. Not a really loud system with pure unclipped signals, that is just heaven on earth http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/hairtrick.gif

Proud member of SMD

My build log

2 DDZ9518

2 DynaBel BF 8501

2 GZ Neo 8"s

154.5@38hz with 2 DD Z9518`s

145.5@40hz with 2 DD 1508`s

My youtube vids

I've always wondered this as well. You always hear about 120db or 130db causes permanent hearing loss. I got my first car in 1991 and every vehicle I've owned has been over 140db and my hearing hasn't been affected by it. I've never had any outrageously loud highs because I was more concerned with clarity than volume so that might be why.

HU: Pioneer

Highs: 2X 4X6"s, 2X 3.5"s, 4X 5.25" comps, Q-Logic kicks, and a Sundown SAX-125.2

Subs: 4 Nightshade 15s and Strapped SAZ-3500Ds <---Sundown FTW good.gif

Electrical: dual DC Power 320s (ordered) and 2 D3400s up frt and 4 D2700s in the back

.ʇı ɥʇıʍ ʞɔnɟ ʇ,uɐɔ noʎ 'ʞɔıp ǝɹos ɐ ǝʞı1 sı uʍopunS

26d2fe1a.jpg0969b13f.jpg343030b8.jpg

i think i have lost maybe 5 - 10% of my hearing, my mom is always asking me why i have the tv up so loud when i home, which is rare that im home, i may have alittle, also could be because of shooting guns too

i think i have lost maybe 5 - 10% of my hearing, my mom is always asking me why i have the tv up so loud when i home, which is rare that im home, i may have alittle, also could be because of shooting guns too

I heard once that guns, and anything else that is extremely loud for a short time, are the most harmful to hearing.

my room mate might have 80% of his hearing he shoots his sks alot without ear protection

IDK lol I fucked my ears with headphones before i ever had beat, But I dont think the ringing is getting worse though :D

Looking for a CRX to get back in the game.

And a gas tank for my 01 r6. Hit the PM

Archived