Second Skin Audio

What 18 = 4kw Daily?

kfx450r

Actually the TSNS is probably the ONLY one of those woofers that can handle a daily dose of 4K watts. It's also the only one that comes with a 4" coil. The rest of the mentioned subs have 3" coils and not a single one of them can take 4K for daily for LONG periods of time. Each one of them can take 4K daily for short periods, but not like some people listen to their shit full blast for hours on end.

Yah..I never full blast my sound for long periods of time due to.. cops, annoying people to no end, dont like to burn my shit up..especially if it consists of 2000$+ of equiptment. But i would like it to handle full blast for maybe 30 minutes at the most. If I ever wanted it to. Of course I will have the electrical to handle it. Not saying I will abuse it. but I would like it to be able to take the abuse if ever needed.

And it looks like the TSNS is the only one that will fit my needs.

hmm that should net it alot more power handling ..... http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/01nocomment8so.gif

In Elvis's case that extra .25" makes all the difference. J/k man, it's not that big of a deal. I believe that JD makes them with a 3" coil too.

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz

How bout the soundstream xxx-18.. Site lists this Pe (watts) 10000

It's similar to the TSNS in performance allthough the build isn't identical. I would flip a coin to help choose. Either way your getting a great woofer that will do what you want it too. I would probably lean a little towards the XXX cause it's more of a daily woofer and also you may have to sell your soul to get a TSNS woofer since they are rarer than unicorns.

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz

And after impedance rise none of them see 4k anyway :) music is funny like that.

Head Unit: Pioneer DEH-P6000UB

Sub Amp:American Bass VFL 500.1

Subs: 4 Fi BL 18's

Enclosure:21.5 Cubic foot flat wall tuned to 40 hz

Batteries: 3 Kinetik 2400's in the back, Kinetik 1200 under hood.

Mids & Highs: 4 Kicker DS 6.5 coax in doors, 2 Kicker DS coax in pillars

Highs Amp: Kicker kx250.2, kx100.2

Wire: 4 Runs 1/0 gauge Knukonceptz

It's similar to the TSNS in performance allthough the build isn't identical. I would flip a coin to help choose. Either way your getting a great woofer that will do what you want it too. I would probably lean a little towards the XXX cause it's more of a daily woofer and also you may have to sell your soul to get a TSNS woofer since they are rarer than unicorns.

Lmao..Thanks. I enjoyed that post. Its a throwup between these 2 i guess which ever I can get easier/cheaper I suppose. I guess at this point I can safely say either will do the job..and Im pretty sure it will be loud. Wheres the coin.

LOL that made me laugh so hard, but Nightshade has a point :)

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

Archived