Enemyofsilence Expedition Build

ok so i want to start of by thanking members here who either i bought these things from and/or who helped me throughout the process with all my noob questions.

footlongsam- the awesome box design and all the questions you answered for me :give_rose:

cnate777- the RF amp (love it)

acex3a- 0/1 for the big three

Mrbubbles00482- 0/1 knu wire :good:

i know there arent many fans of kicker here but i am going to do it :) hopefully i will have a chance for a http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/hairtrick.gif but im still in the beginning stage of car audio and this will be a good set up for some boom. so i have started on my 03 expedition. i am putting together 3 12" cvr's in a box tuned to 34hz. so far i have the wires put in and i started on the box yeterday. i didnt get any pictures of the box being built but i have most of it done. the quality of the pictures arent great cause i took them with my phone but they will do.

here is the big 3 done

Posted Image

Posted Image

here is the design of the box

Posted Image

here is the box i started.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

gonna get the holes cut today :)

Posted Image

i will keep this updated. comments and suggestions are appreciated :)

Team Bass-Hz

the reading of the 3 subs wired together. they are all dual 2ohm. not sure if it is suppose to be this low. its suppose to be 1.33 ohms. if you guys know why it it could be this low lemme me know. :unknw: thanks

Posted Image

its not much but i will keep this updated. comments and suggestions are appreciated :)

I just had the same issue on my subs, i chalked it to the 15$ DMM then i read this and doubled checked em.. still low, i could tap the cone and the reading would be different by like .001 .002 2of5 readings...

Is there a "resting" spot the sub should be measured in to get to correct reading?

On to the build.

Inside the box looks good(-wood chunks), hows the outside?? lol

Not saying you not compitant, but double check your wiring.

Posted Image

In the mean time work looks good, keep the pics coming and hopefully someone with more info on the reading issues will chime in for ya..

93 Chevy Silverado

Crossfire,Dayton

Soon to have 6 Lvl4 15s

DC Audio Dealer and Team Member

• 2 weeks later...

Man you will love that Little RF amp, my friend got one and the birthsheet was 1440 or so, anyway its looking good so far. I wanna do the big III, but my alt is below my engine block.....

if anyone cares i got the holes done and got the front done and all sealed off. also put up the braces for no flex. now just waiting for it to dry :)

any ideas on the finish? i wanna wrap it in vinyl to match with the leather i have in my expedition. its black with a tan outline and interior is tan leather with black trim so i might wrap it in black vinyl. what do you guys think?

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Team Bass-Hz

is it just my eyes seeing that i ant got my glasses on or is that middle brace coping a lean like some teen thinking hes gonna lose his car if a cop sees him txting. lol, long story short, i have one of those friends he hides his head below the dash to txt and cant even stay on the road wile he does. i asked once y he did it and he said i dont want a cop to see me and i said dude the cop will pull u over for reckless driving before your dam txting, watch it f'n road.

I can't stop building!!!

4 DC LeveL 4XL 18 Blow Through Re-Build
The newest addition My '97 Ford Explorer Build
My First Build 8 RF P1 12's
My Myspace Add Me
My Facebook Add Me

oh, your a hypocrite too bro.....your mom has my name on her left tit - and you still like her dont you?

If youre masturbating to that sub already, wait until you get a real sub... I think your nutsack will shrivel up.

Your box looks good. I think it would look good wrapped in some black vinyl, yougonna flat black the port i assume?

Current System:

Pioneer 6900 HU

Front Stage: (for now)

Soundstream tarantula 5.25 in the doors

Soundstream tarantula 4x6 in the dash

Kenwood 400.4 for mids & highs

Bass:

4 Soundstream RW-12's

2 Power Acoustik Stax 4000/1D's

single chamber box, 2.65 cubes.

Currently under the knife being bagged

Rebuilding err'thang