Second Skin Audio

Question For You Dc Guys

What would you suggest for the max continuous power for a daily setup for 2 of the following (max on each sub) LVL 4 15s, LVL4 w/ LVL 5 coils 15s, LVL 4 XL 15s.

Thanks in advance.

woman..cant live with em...cant shoot em...guess were all fucked

You might be a Redneck if you use your leftover gutters for a speaker box port...

YOU JUST LOST THE GAMER.I.P. Blazer=========================Last setup was in the 141s on music (37hz) with 2 12s and 1kw in a 4dr blazer.2010 Mitsubishi Lancer DE2 12in Clarions (kept from blazer)HiFonics BRZ1700.1d (at 2 ohms BLOWN) [JBL GTS180X for subs currently 60wRMS x2ch!!!!!! This works for till i get the blown amp fixed] Alpine 4ch salvaged from blazer (currently near death)9887 peerless 7s in the doors and CDT tweeters ran active no speakers in the rearKintik HC1400 under the hood.metered once a while ago, dont remember it...was piss poor compared to the blazer, mid 130s i think....looking to replace subs and amp when i have money.

What would you suggest for the max continuous power for a daily setup for 2 of the following (max on each sub) LVL 4 15s, LVL4 w/ LVL 5 coils 15s, LVL 4 XL 15s.

Thanks in advance.

wat there rated for, unless you know what ur doin

lbb-2.png

2007 Chevy HHR LT

UNDER CONSTRUCTION

1st Place Loud N Low 2010 MWSPL Finals

3rd Place Xtreme 3 2010 MWSPL Finals

I have a pretty good idea of what im doing. I have alot of electrical upgrades im going to have to do with this too. Ive got a bombproof box i designed that i am going to build. Plan on setting the gains with an o scope. Im just wondering whats the most clean power these will take in a daily setup sometimes playing for the better part of an hour but probably not much more than half an hour straight at any point in time.

You might be a Redneck if you use your leftover gutters for a speaker box port...

YOU JUST LOST THE GAMER.I.P. Blazer=========================Last setup was in the 141s on music (37hz) with 2 12s and 1kw in a 4dr blazer.2010 Mitsubishi Lancer DE2 12in Clarions (kept from blazer)HiFonics BRZ1700.1d (at 2 ohms BLOWN) [JBL GTS180X for subs currently 60wRMS x2ch!!!!!! This works for till i get the blown amp fixed] Alpine 4ch salvaged from blazer (currently near death)9887 peerless 7s in the doors and CDT tweeters ran active no speakers in the rearKintik HC1400 under the hood.metered once a while ago, dont remember it...was piss poor compared to the blazer, mid 130s i think....looking to replace subs and amp when i have money.

I have a pretty good idea of what im doing. I have alot of electrical upgrades im going to have to do with this too. Ive got a bombproof box i designed that i am going to build. Plan on setting the gains with an o scope. Im just wondering whats the most clean power these will take in a daily setup sometimes playing for the better part of an hour but probably not much more than half an hour straight at any point in time.

even half an hour of continuous play on lots of power is a Longgg time to play non stop...

J.A.M AUDIO

Owner

North Texas

Authorized DC Sound Lab Dealers

m_8e0e9deb0e2a020a7ff1bf0d3a6c3306.jpg

groundpounders-sig-1.jpg

I know it is, when i smell them start to get stinky i back off. Nvm the half hour then, daily setup, most continuous power to them? box will be about 7 cubes net tuned to 32 Hz, subs up port up in a 2000 blazer

if you put overt 1500 per sub, XL is the way to go. Even if your just putting 1500 per, XL is louder, i had lvl 4 with lvl 5 coils *already broken in* direct swap to XLs *not broken in* and my XLs were louder

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

looks like i need to add an extra 120 onto what i need to save up. Will XLs like 1700 daily?

if you have proper electrical yeah :)

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

if you put overt 1500 per sub, XL is the way to go. Even if your just putting 1500 per, XL is louder, i had lvl 4 with lvl 5 coils *already broken in* direct swap to XLs *not broken in* and my XLs were louder

yes the XLs do take power.. I run 2900rms to mine daily.. andd they have seen 8500rms but that was for like a 1/16 of a second lol i love power spikes :D

lbb-2.png

2007 Chevy HHR LT

UNDER CONSTRUCTION

1st Place Loud N Low 2010 MWSPL Finals

3rd Place Xtreme 3 2010 MWSPL Finals

even half an hour of continuous play on lots of power is a Longgg time to play non stop...

i have never heard that in my life!! i have had many systems that i bang for 7hr road trips no problems. just the otherday i drove almost 3 hrs with my lvl4 18s with lvl5 coils 14 cubes on a dc audio 3k. non stop and then played it in a parking lot at idle for 2 more hours NOT ONE PROBLEM.

imo throw your system in the trash if you cant use it for what its meant for.

REST IN PARADISE BIG RICH (Sqmonte) never forgotten

Why do you guys ALWAYS dispute on NUMBERS?????

It's such a played out argument, so fucking annoying....

It's 12 fuckin 15's.... It's louder than you... Shut the fuck up...

/Rant

:)

I'm so jealous, it makes me want to club baby seals. That shit gets down HARD!

dont buy from knowledge he will scam you.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/30995-official-knowledge-feedback/