Gotz1Lung and Josh at it again! 2003 Explorer

I got my eye on this.. I have a 2003 Mercury Mountaineer.. same as your 2003 Ford Explorer you are working on. Mine has third row seating in it though for now I still have them in there just folded down. Sub box sits on top just like you have yours and close to the same size box. Every thing else should look the same. seeing where you place that speaker in the door gave me an Idea :)

I did put tweeters up by the sun visor that really helped out a lot. Perfect spot and a perfect fit

Good stuff, glad we got your noodle twirlin ideas..

Just for future reference tho.. 1/0 Will fit in the factory wiring channel along with the factory wires all the way down the drivers side.

There is a huge lack of holes in the frame, so grounds are a bitch.

1/4in MDF will put door speaks far enough from the glass when you make the mounts.

If i can get Josh off the couch, we are gonna head out and finish it up..

93 Chevy Silverado

Crossfire,Dayton

Soon to have 6 Lvl4 15s

DC Audio Dealer and Team Member

Looks good. You guys did a very good job with everything. I can't wait to see how you finish it off, I'm sure it will be as good as the rest of the build.

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz

lookin good man, keep the pics comin

i was thinking leave the 12 sitting in the box in the hole and duck tape from the bottom of the sub to the bottom of the baffle so the sub doesnt free air. would that work?

Well its in and temp tuned.. sounds Excellent! Im really suprised with the mids/highs, i still cant believe they were only 50$/set...

The end goal for the build was defantly met when all was said and done. Great sound quailty fo his everyday listening, but this thing will BEAT if ya want it too!..

The box is temp painted in bedliner till next week when we do the vinyl work, and cover the amp rack.

Let me know what you guys think!

93 Chevy Silverado

Crossfire,Dayton

Soon to have 6 Lvl4 15s

DC Audio Dealer and Team Member

Archived