Let Me Introduce Myself, And If I Can Help Anyone Here, Just Let Me Know

Hello to everyone on SMD! My name is Seth, and since i've started to become alot more active around here, and answering several peoples' questions (most successfully) I have been having a LOT of PM's lately with reguard to "Help me" type of questions. I have been an avid OVERCLOCKER in the community for the last 14/15 years, and have seen/been through/done all types of cooling and overclocking techniques that through the doors of doing all that, I have learned so much, and if I can apply it to someones "call of help" here, all the better for the community here! I also enjoy helping people when I can, and I never reply with an answer like "GOOGLE IS YOUR FRIEND" I dont know about you, but when ever someone say that my teeth grind. I hate that response, and to be honest with you, it is down right RUDE! IF I can help you, I will, if your question seems very tuff to diagnose through the means of "typing" then we can chat over the phone. I'm that type of guy. Steve, and I were talking about setting me up doing "something" in this area about a month ago, not sure exactly in detail what it was, but I thought I would just take the time now, to introduce myself, and to let you all know that if you have a tech question/product question/what is coming out soon question, im here to help you all to the best of my knowledge. I am not here to "step on anyones toes" I don't know everything (actually im terrible when it comes to software issues, my answer for all that is FORMAT THE HDD!) so i'll be honest there. My strong points is hardware, overclocking, and bleeding edge tech, oh and OVERCLOCKING!, what are good parts, what CPU is better for what I need, and OVERCLOCKING!

Like I said earlier, I'm not here to step on anyones toes, and If I don't know the answer to a said question, i'll be honest and say I don't know, but I WILL DIRECT YOU TO A PLACE THAT MIGHT HELP YOU. I'm sure there are other people here that are good with PC tweeking, so perhaps if we "work together" we can solve many peoples' issues. Good day to everyone, and let me know if I can be of anyones assistance.

Seth

I love my staffie :good:

So anti FACEBOOK it isn't even funny

I have a few quick questions if you don't mind!

1) I have a ATI Radeon 9250 PCI (POS I KNOW!!!) Anyways my motherboard only has PCI and was wondering if the ATI x1550 would be worth getting for gaming? Also what would it compare to as far as Nvidia's cards?

2) As far as overclocking....can I even overclock a 9250?

Tried the ATI Tool but not sure it even does anything

Breaking in a sub is like breaking in your girl before you pound her....

holy crap, PCI is the worst bus to use for graphics, but it sounds like you know that already. This is about the best you can do for PCI GPU ( http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16814187084 ) but the money they want for that card, doesn't justify its performance (or there lack of). OVerclocking your current card is really pointless, as it really doesnt have any "balls" to start with (No offense bro) I believe that card only has a 64bit mem bus, so you would have to quadruple the memory speed jsut to see a slight boost. If you have about $400 bones, you can pick up a MOBO/CPU/GPU combo that will smoke that in every way, and something you can game with.

**EDIT** you can overclock anything! I would recommend a program called RIVATUNER to OC your current card if you want to, very simple program, and works great. Your results will more then likely be "not much" and personally, my opinion is that you will be creating much more GPU heat, that can't justify the increase. Remember, OCing is all about controlling temps, Each GPU has a certain thermal limit depending on its "DIE" size. 90/60NM gpus can max @ 105c (or there abouts) I would have to do some digging to see what the die size is on that ATi card, but im thinking 130nm or close to it, so be careful. If your GPU temps even get close to 90C when fully loaded you must address that issue first with an active fan over the GPU, and or a better GPU cooler.

Edited by newls1

Hey Seth, do you know of any security camera DVR cards that will work on 64 bit Vista Home Premium? I have tried Google but all the ones that came up said the software was compatible but the driver for the card wasn't.

HU: Pioneer

Highs: 2X 4X6"s, 2X 3.5"s, 4X 5.25" comps, Q-Logic kicks, and a Sundown SAX-125.2

Subs: 4 Nightshade 15s and Strapped SAZ-3500Ds <---Sundown FTW good.gif

Electrical: dual DC Power 320s (ordered) and 2 D3400s up frt and 4 D2700s in the back

.ʇı ɥʇıʍ ʞɔnɟ ʇ,uɐɔ noʎ 'ʞɔıp ǝɹos ɐ ǝʞı1 sı uʍopunS

26d2fe1a.jpg0969b13f.jpg343030b8.jpg

Yeah I know that PCI is junk.....but its was Dell put in this machine....I wasn't happy when I opened it and only saw PCI.

I am saving for a new mobo/cpu/gpu but other things are in the way. I just want to get this one up and at least maybe play the games I want until I can get a new game.

Breaking in a sub is like breaking in your girl before you pound her....

Hey Seth, do you know of any security camera DVR cards that will work on 64 bit Vista Home Premium? I have tried Google but all the ones that came up said the software was compatible but the driver for the card wasn't.

you know, that is a very good question. Searching on newegg "customer reviews" pretty much everyone agrees with your comment, "no 64bit support" I can't understand why. 64 bit is the only way of the future for an OS environment, yet being 5 years since a 64bit OS has been considered a "HOME" OS we are still seeing these computability issues. Sorry, bud, I don't know much more then this.

Yeah I know that PCI is junk.....but its was Dell put in this machine....I wasn't happy when I opened it and only saw PCI.

I am saving for a new mobo/cpu/gpu but other things are in the way. I just want to get this one up and at least maybe play the games I want until I can get a new game.

I went back and edited my post for you, did you read it yet? Check it out.

thanks for the reminder and ummmm well, welcome aboard.....the newest SMD mod :)

All SMD products + MORE available at my store here! https://wccaraudio.com/ 
wc2022-red-black-whitebg_1667625898__08138.original.png.02e514af82dce531edf1aa4a36851c60.png

Subscribe to My Youtube Channel! Over 1,000,000 subscribers strong! Turn on your notifications!
http://www.youtube.com/meade916

Follow My Instagram! Daily live feeds from the shop, exclusive content way before it hits my Youtube channel...and little squares with photo's in them :D
http://www.instagram.com/meade916

The Official SMD Facebook fan Page
https://www.facebook.com/SteveMeadeDesigns/

Follow my Tweet (Twitter)
http://www.Twitter.com/meade916