Fi Btl Spider Ripped

basicly, with mine, my box was too big. so it would get a shit ton of excursion, and the 15 burps i had on that sub ripped the spider from the cone,i'll get a pic so u can see mine, its a lil diff. but it is similer. but i'd get a recone. what was the power u put to the sub and how big of box tunned to what?

Bills

KwB

Team DC Audio Midwest captain

Hi there i have an 18" BTL the older style one with the tripple magnet and while taking out the whole system so i could design a new box i pulled out the sub from the old box and spotted that the spider on the btl was ripped in about 2-3 places 1 of them being a noticeable rip and the other 2 look like there about to rip and also i found out that where the spider is glued to the cone the spider was coming unglued in a few places. I wanted to know does this mean that i need a re-cone or is it salvageable, pictures are below, the pictures below are of the majour rip one Thanks

Did you happen to notice that driver sounding weird at all, or NO?

I love my staffie :good:

So anti FACEBOOK it isn't even funny

here is mine, only thing that held cone to spider was tinsle leads till they ripped out the stiches that was used to sew them down

Posted Image

Bills

KwB

Team DC Audio Midwest captain

Did you happen to notice that driver sounding weird at all, or NO?

the only thing i noticed was a drop in output from the sub but sometimes it would work normally and lose no output and thats why i decided to take out and see if there was any lose connections

if i had to guess id say its the tinsels putting pressure on the under side of the spider during downward excursion causing the tear.

i.e. kind of like tearing a piece of paper straight on the edge of a table or something.

thats my story and im sticking to it! :db:

ascendant.jpglogo.jpgteamsundown-1.jpgDCPowerLogoTransparent2.png

Its abuse, no manufactuer defect there, I promise you that.

I've already spoken to the OP but I guess he wanted to ask the forum folks first. We've seen it happen before when people play way under tuning for sustained periods of time. Thats one hell of a motor on a BTL, the force isn't going get weaker as the frequency goes lower down the scale.

For a 32Hz tuning I would run the subsonic @ 29Hz.

We'll get you reconed up ASAP.

www.BladeICE.com

UK/European Distributors

Ascendant Audio

Fi Car Audio

XS Power

KnuKonceptz.co.uk

Facebook

Youtube Channel

Its abuse, no manufactuer defect there, I promise you that.

I've already spoken to the OP but I guess he wanted to ask the forum folks first. We've seen it happen before when people play way under tuning for sustained periods of time. Thats one hell of a motor on a BTL, the force isn't going get weaker as the frequency goes lower down the scale.

For a 32Hz tuning I would run the subsonic @ 29Hz.

We'll get you reconed up ASAP.

Yep have spoken to Blade and just gotta get the money for a recone now

looks like a manufacturer defect to me, call scott he might be able to work something out. When i think non-warranty, i think abuse, thats not abuse.

No..that's abuse.

It happens when you play severely under tuning..the spiders will pop like a potato chip.

Already spoke to him about it...

Authorized Ascendant Audio Dealer! Message me for information.

If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough -Albert Einstein

"I have a plausible excuse for not liking you. And you know why."

Archived