Sonic Electronix

Anybody Here Painted Their Amps?

i have an old school usamps 400 thats been in use since about 97 it's a little banged up from being in and out of my various cars and trucks. i was thinking about sanding it down and throwing a coat of paint on it. my question is will that interfere with the amps ability to cool itself?http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=a08lz&s=5 a08lz.jpghttp://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=dnynaa&s=5 dnynaa.jpg

i havent painted but ive powdercoated alot of them. it messes with them holding more heat when you do it but if its well ventilated it shouldnt be enough to hurt it. paint shouldnt be a problem at all.

That is an AWESOME AMP there! Gotta love the old school amps. House of Color makes some very nice (but expensive) spray type of paints that look immaculate when done right. Might want to look into that.

I love my staffie :good:

So anti FACEBOOK it isn't even funny

james makes a very good point, ventilate it and u wont have a problem they do make paint for hot surfaces so might want to look into that as well

james makes a very good point, ventilate it and u wont have a problem they do make paint for hot surfaces so might want to look into that as well

thanks for you guy's input. i do like that house of color idea. it will be well ventilated with two very nice fans on it. maybe i'll painit bright orange ooooh with flames :rofl:

thanks for you guy's input. i do like that house of color idea. it will be well ventilated with two very nice fans on it. maybe i'll painit bright orange ooooh with flames :rofl:

that way if it burns down u wont know the difference lol, jk

Archived