Sonic Electronix

Hmm...good Idea Or No? Def. Need Help With This...

since you mention budget and everyone here is talking about the main components, have you also considered the cost of everything else, such as wiring, connectors, fuseblocks, powerwire for the HO alt/big 3 etc?

I'm finding that wiring is becoming my biggest problem, I still need a bunch of 1/0 and other odds and ends that will likely cost me close to $400 ($100 of which is the 1/0) for just the stuff needed to power/wire the amp, subs and head unit that I've spent $400+ on already, (KDC-MP538U, Dual XPA4100, and Insignia party pak) there is also the boxes im building, and the amp racks I will need to build, cost of fiberglass to build the racks, the component speakers I need for my cab, and i'm sure other crap I can't think of.

wen I think about this it makes me sad because it's been over a year and I still can't afford everything I need to get it in, and I don't really have any resources to help me with the stuff that I really need help with.... it's looking like another year or two or longer before I can finally install my god damn system.

I have taken wiring and what not into consideration. I found a nice wiring kit that gets what I need done. I'm going to try and get by with my stock alternator, might throw a capacitor on there as well (if that'll save the electrical system). Speaker wiring isn't even going to be considered. I've working on home audio before, so I have a massive spool of quality wire.

IMHO if you on a budget, there is no better bang for your buck than the Kicker CVR's

I thought about the CVR's, but I decided against them a long time ago.

Again, Pioneer or Hifonics for the subs? I can get either of them for below 100 bucks each.

1998 Honda CR-V

Installed:

1 x Kenwood KAC-9104D amp

2 x Kenwood KFC-W3012 12" subs

4 x Kenwood KFC-1682ie 3-way components

1 x Kenwood Excelon KDC-X493 head unit

My Honda Build

you dont need 1krms for se you only need 600-800 at most

get a audioque 1200 or sundown 1200 or the many other actual 1200+ rms amps out there with the 2 SE's

if money permits stay away from hifonics

this. i would go with 2 se's and the sundown.

i was thinking leave the 12 sitting in the box in the hole and duck tape from the bottom of the sub to the bottom of the baffle so the sub doesnt free air. would that work?

audiopipe txx-bc12s great subs for a cheap lil budget

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-AUDIOPIPE-12-1400W...%3A1%7C294%3A50

i ran these and they were bumping for being in a sealed box ran it with the 1206 brutus.

That's why they don't deliver.

Yer ass better go sit along the side of the road and wait.

You can't expect them to travel up some dirt road in a hick / back woods town. Thats how horror movies start :D

I explain things very simply and use analogies in terms of Pickles, and grape drink, pool noodles and jackhammers...if you can't put 2 and 2 together there man, There simply is not much more I can do.

Two more questions then I'm going to get this show on the road.

1) Would a 1000 watt amp (@ 1-ohm) blow two 400W RMS subs?

2) When it comes to audio, sealed or ported? I want my stuff to be loud and hit low.

1998 Honda CR-V

Installed:

My Honda Build

Two more questions then I'm going to get this show on the road.

1) Would a 1000 watt amp (@ 1-ohm) blow two 400W RMS subs?

2) When it comes to audio, sealed or ported? I want my stuff to be loud and hit low.

a 500 watt amp could blow 2 400w rms subs. its all about clean power...ie no clipping.

loud and low is ported all the way

i was thinking leave the 12 sitting in the box in the hole and duck tape from the bottom of the sub to the bottom of the baffle so the sub doesnt free air. would that work?

Im running 2 of the p1500.1's (2008 mods were pzi1500.1)and i will tell you they are absolute monsters at 1 ohm.. the 750w rating you have listed is at 2ohms,

375x1 @4ohm

750x1 @2ohm

and 1500x1 @1ohm

They are power hungry amps though...

I got 1 of em at a pawn shop for 70bux and the other new on ebay for 145shipped..

93 Chevy Silverado

Crossfire,Dayton

Soon to have 6 Lvl4 15s

DC Audio Dealer and Team Member

a 500 watt amp could blow 2 400w rms subs. its all about clean power...ie no clipping.

loud and low is ported all the way

So, that 1000 watt amp I found would rip them to shreds. In that case, I suspect I shall keep looking. :P And if I'm reading what you're talking about correctly, a 600 watt amp at 1 ohm can cleanly power two 600 watt subs. Am I right?

Edited by ArmoredPersonel48698

1998 Honda CR-V

Installed:

My Honda Build

Here are my final picks. I'm leaning towards the hifonics subs because they are cheaper, but I also like the SPL subs I found.

Amp #1 = Crunch p1500.1 (RMS 750 x 1 @ 1ohm here)

Amp #2 = Power Acoustik BAMF-2000/1D (RMS 1200 x 1 @ 1ohm here)

Subs #1 = Hifonics B12D4 (600W RMS, Dual 4-ohm here)

Subs #2 = SPL SP2-12 (600W RMS, Dual 4-ohm here)

I'm leaning towards the PA amp as it will hit the RMS of both subs w/ 1200 watt RMS, and it's peak output is well below the max of both subs. What do you guys think? Good setup? And I'm thinking a ported box with a 3" diameter port tuned to 34hz with a volume of 2.6 ft^3 (31 x 14 x 14. It's the best I can do with the shitty cargo space I have in my car.) made out of 3/4" MDF. The biggest box I could fit in my car is 32.5 x 15.5 x 14, and that's stretching it.

Edited by ArmoredPersonel48698

1998 Honda CR-V

Installed:

My Honda Build