Sonic Electronix

How Can You Tell Downloaded Songs Are Clipped

I didnt know what section this topic can go under, but I made a soundtrack using 12 songs i downloaded from itunes, and 7 from Ares/PP (illegal sites lol) and he complained of clipping which is supposedly bad for your subs (literally on all the songs, most which came from itunes). Has anyone else had this problem and is there an alternative site for downloading songs.

This sounds like your friend is turning up his stereo too loud. The iTunes songs are in high quality (256 kbps) so unless the producers allowed all of the songs you happened to download contain clipped bass (unlikely) the quality of the songs aren't the problem, your friend is.

yes clipping is bad for subs because it sends a dc signal to the subs which heats them up fast. and use zshare lots of songs and its completely legal.

Clipping does NOT send a DC voltage to your subs, a DC voltage is one that does not change over a long period of time. In fact, your sub will never even see the clipped wave due to the filtering properties of the coil. It will put more power into your sub and heat it up faster.

Edited by Kapetol T

This sounds like your friend is turning up his stereo too loud. The iTunes songs are in high quality (256 kbps) so unless the producers allowed all of the songs you happened to download contain clipped bass (unlikely) the quality of the songs aren't the problem, your friend is.

Just so everybody knows, i didnt say all of the songs were clipped (maybe boosted), but im pretty sure (after watching TONS of meade videos) when he turns the bass knob shit goes from loud to Rediculus. When he made me a cd almost all the songs were "too loud" from what they should be. When i turn my knob (which i set my gain with) it doesnt change. I'm pretty sure you set your gain by the ac voltage. Am I wrong? If I am please correct me, but I know waves are supposed to be like that but i'm pretty sure using a knob increases the ac voltage going to the sub eargoe louder? But idk i guess i'm a n00b. AGAIN correct me if im wrong and btw btls>L7's oren.

Edited by Crump-T1

I get songs from "greencable" and itunes.

no matter where you get songs from use audacity to check to see if they are clipped

countless times I have downloaded the high quality songs from itunes and they are clipped.

Wouldnt be thehoe92 without teh purple

I get songs from "greencable" and itunes.

no matter where you get songs from use audacity to check to see if they are clipped

countless times I have downloaded the high quality songs from itunes and they are clipped.

Yea, but I dont think its Itunes fault.

I think the blame is to be layed on these over night comeup rappers with shitty recording labels, and crap producing is most to blame imo.

Yea, but I dont think its Itunes fault.

I think the blame is to be layed on these over night comeup rappers with shitty recording labels, and crap producing is most to blame imo.

not blaming them I'm just saying that just because you buy your songs high quality off itunes doesn't mean something can't be wrong with them.

you're never safe :ph34r:

Wouldnt be thehoe92 without teh purple

audacity is awesome as hell

Black 1998 Nissan Maxima
1st Setup: 145.8 DB Outlaw @37 HZ On Music Out Of Trunk
2nd Setup: 147.8 DB @42 HZ On Music Out The Trunk
Current Trunk Build:
153.8 DB Outlaw @ 49 HZ Out the trunk (150.8 DB Sealed)
Team gg.

other than audacity, what are some other ways?

Black 1998 Nissan Maxima
Current Trunk Build:
Team gg.

thats why you should download my shit, 23 with a good understanding of what im doing

along with bigpimpn

:) :) :)

audacity is pretty much an essential to me... i wouldnt dare play someone elses music less i know what the waves look like

id be great if everyone got familiar with it so they get a better understanding of what an ac signal is and how it affects the speaker playing it

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

hell yea, crump-t1 said u were the shit bro, i spelled "decaf" wrong so thanks for posting to my thread, now i found u :rolleyes:

Black 1998 Nissan Maxima
Current Trunk Build:
Team gg.