Sonic Electronix

lol.. I didnt say the Opti was $179 and had 2-25amp fuses.... (or whatever)

http://www.overstock.com/Electronics/Lanza...28/product.html

I knew a guy who bought this, and ran a 4ohm load on it, and blew the amp while driving away from the install shop

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

Now that amp there makes baby jesus cry. That's that pyramid/pyle/legacy crap in a different case. Then again, there's some other companies that their bottom of the barrel gear is crap.

2 - Audiopipe AP30001Ds

1 - Lanzar Opti Scion 600.4

4 - Lanzar Optidrive 1232D's

1 - Lanzar Opti 5.1

1 - Lanzar Opti 6.1

1 - Lanzar Opti 6C midbass

1 - Alphasonic PCT6551

1 - Lanzar VX830

1 - JBL 22 band EQ

1 - Lanzar SDBT75NU

1 - AudioControl Epic160

Now that amp there makes baby jesus cry. That's that pyramid/pyle/legacy crap in a different case. Then again, there's some other companies that their bottom of the barrel gear is crap.

Pyramid FTW

Official Scores at the Dash. and YES. My Bass Boxing is louder than Burp! - 155.5 DB Drag Burp- 155.6 - IASCA Bass Boxing on music (30 seconds straight) sealed up Builds 1. The Acura Integra build = http://www.stevemead...s/page__st__6802. BLK SIN Build = http://www.stevemead...w-pics-10-6-07/

@__@ I suspect you're being sold a line on the difference between the Opti and the SS XXX6500... if it's a regulated power supply, where's all the regulation componentry?

The only possible difference would be different transformer windings on the power transformers, limiting the power the Opti would make but making it more efficient at lower input voltage...

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

I'll break you guys down on a brief history. Back in the 80's and early 90's Lanzar used to be good. Amps were built in the Zed build house up until 2000, when Lanzar was bought by SoundAround. As most of you know SoundAround is Pyramid, Pyle, and Legacy, and now Lanzar. For a while the Lanzar gear was about the same quality as your other three companies. In about 2006 Lanzar started making the Optidrive line. Now it's not from the Zed build house anymore, however, the Optidrive monoblocks have been proven to be under rated, and the subs I have are definitely under rated as well.

I'm 31 and have been doing car audio since before I was able to drive. My uncles were into it and I was doing builds in the mid 80's with them with some crazy amount of woofers off of astounding 800 watts.

So those who say yuck to Lanzar, have you ever heard the gear?

I agree with most of what you said except for the part about Lanzar starting to make the OptiDrive line in 2006. I remember buying an OPTI500.2 back in February of 03, I was running a Fosgate HX2 12" and my god that thing slapped hard!

Alpine CDA-117...Memphis 16-X03

CDT Audio SQA-4100...SEAS Prestige H1396...Crescendo MP-6

Soundstream Rubicon 1.2500d...Digital Designs 3512f

I agree with most of what you said except for the part about Lanzar starting to make the OptiDrive line in 2006. I remember buying an OPTI500.2 back in February of 03, I was running a Fosgate HX2 12" and my god that thing slapped hard!

I should have said subwoofers. The Optidrive amps started in around 2003 again, up until then Lanzar was selling Zed NOS amps.

2 - Audiopipe AP30001Ds

1 - Lanzar Opti Scion 600.4

4 - Lanzar Optidrive 1232D's

1 - Lanzar Opti 5.1

1 - Lanzar Opti 6.1

1 - Lanzar Opti 6C midbass

1 - Alphasonic PCT6551

1 - Lanzar VX830

1 - JBL 22 band EQ

1 - Lanzar SDBT75NU

1 - AudioControl Epic160

Archived